#31 | Ederson - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't the best shot stopper,that's being kind....but if he can have a word with himself regards his decision making,then he is still gonna be a brilliant No.1 for many years to come.

He is one of the best keepers in the world but that doesn't mean he wont make mistakes. I thought he was partly culpable for both goals v Spurs, more so the 2nd, where he inadvertently turned a Spurs attack into a one-on-one situation. However, I also remember him in the same scenario multiple times in the home game v Arsenal, where he pulled off a couple of magnificent one-on-one saves.

HIs decision-making could certainly improve but his style of play is exactly what is being asked of him by the manager and it is a risk-reward style...sometimes he will take the risk and get it wrong.

I have no idea who people think we should be replacing him with, it would take a lot of money and a significant amount of luck to replace him with someone better.

Not having him getting the blame for the 1st goal. Neville's mask slipped on that one yet again. Wasn't so critical of Mesler for Leeds yesterday when he got himself in the exact same position as Ederson. Good positioning he said.

The 2nd one is a funny one because why the hell aren't any of our centre halves coming across to cut the run out? It's clear De Bruyne isn't catching the fella and he's running unopposed into the box. It is not like the attack came from the other side and we'd been dragged out of position. It all came down our right side. It should have been snuffed out

Was a bit rash today with the first goal, but I don’t think Ederson is really the problem.
He did come out - but it seems to me that, when the shot was taken, Ederson had (nearly) all of the goal covered.

Ederson is aggressive - sometimes overly so - but here, I think he's OK. Son tried to shoot between the keeper's legs (his best option) and succeeded.

I don't fault Ederson at all for this goal - rather Cancelo seemed not to have communicated to other defenders that Son was an imminent danger, thus failing as a team to try to play Cancelo offside or enlisting the help of a CB to assist in cover.

Last edited:
GK coaches have to sit down with him and come up with a plan that will change the current stat which is about 90% of the on target shots end up being a goal against us.

If at trainings it is the same then they have to fix it immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.