COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on,forcing people to take a vaccine that cannot be fully safety guaranteed is wrong.
There are side affects with all vaccines and drugs you take. They are not going to make the vaccine compulsory for anyone according to Hancock so it's a personal choice. Just as it is the personal choice for a restaurant not to admit someone who has not been vaccinated and could lead to his premises being shut down by spreading infection.

Has anyone thought that rather than the cost of (and unlikeliness) of vaccinating the entire population that we vaccinate those that are vulnerable. Certainly seems more realistic. I’d be impressed if this shower can vacinate 5 million in 2021 as a whole.

we were told we couldn’t shield the vulnerable but surely with a vaccine you can?

A restaurant or pub owner has a right to turn away any customer they think will cost their licence or closure for health reasons. Or should someone have the right to walk in off the street covered in vomit if the owner fears the consequence of doing so and turns them away?

If you choose to not have a vaccine with the consequence being exclusion from places that is your choice to make.

But it is also the choice of the owners to support exclusion because they have to maintain their living that plenty of people ( a few of whom will possibly not have the vaccine 'because') will be railing against the government for preventing that business owner from trading out of precautionary measures.

What is a risk does not change because of who decrees it is a risk. If it is then it is and doing it this way is better than imposing all must have the vaccine.

It retains freedom of choice and balance of risk and leaves the impact of the consequences onto the individual not the state.

It likely will only be until the pandemic is eradicated anyway.

Last edited:
What happens if you genuinely can’t have the vaccine for some reason? Got to stay at home indefinitely.
That was part of my thinking. @blueparrot has given a reasonable enough explanation as to why it would only be a temporary measure and if as he suggested these venues can bring something else in like rapid testing kits then it gets round the need for everyone to feel that they need to take the vaccine

There are side affects with all vaccines and drugs you take. They are not going to make the vaccine compulsory for anyone according to Hancock so it's a personal choice. Just as it is the personal choice for a restaurant not to admit someone who has not been vaccinated and could lead to his premises being shut down by spreading infection.
And how they going to know whether you’ve had it or not?
Card to prove it?
All those in favour were probably against ID cards yet suddenly are all for Giving up certain freedoms.

Has anyone thought that rather than the cost of (and unlikeliness) of vaccinating the entire population that we vaccinate those that are vulnerable. Certainly seems more realistic. I’d be impressed if this shower can vacinate 5 million in 2021 as a whole.

we were told we couldn’t shield the vulnerable but surely with a vaccine you can?

yeah I echo that, and how many of their mates would be on the payroll for implementing it!

5 million seems a low target

It's been discussed, but I think doing that would reduce further the amount of people who want it to be honest,

There are a lot of people who think this whole thing is a hoax and have wont have the vaccine.

Two groups. The vulnerable (including those who don't respond to the vaccine), and those who are not vaccinated. The end game is probably as simple as this: Exclude one group or the other.

And how they going to know whether you’ve had it or not?
Card to prove it?
All those in favour were probably against ID cards yet suddenly are all for Giving up certain freedoms.

I am relaxed about ID cards. Most people already have digital passports, driving licences, football season tickets etc. It might be easier to have one universal card. Lots of countries manage to have ID cards without turning into police states. Don't get me wrong I don't trust this government as far as I could throw them. But I don't think a government that can't even run a track and trace system is capable of spying on 65 million people just for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.