COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone thought that rather than the cost of (and unlikeliness) of vaccinating the entire population that we vaccinate those that are vulnerable. Certainly seems more realistic. I’d be impressed if this shower can vacinate 5 million in 2021 as a whole.

we were told we couldn’t shield the vulnerable but surely with a vaccine you can?
It still leaves an awful lot of people who cant have vaccine because of cancer treatments etc who's quality of life will be piss poor. What aree they supposed to do?

Don’t we need to vaccinate more than just the vulnerable...we’re not getting any younger and I wouldn’t want to know this is still around in the future.

Anyone with a little epidemiological nous been able to dissect that BMJ article?

Andyhinch I nearly forgot to update Cheshire East for you. ~

Cases down to 52 from 68. Though higher than most of GM for a change. Pop score up 14 to 2333.

Been doing this for a week with this location now so the weekly Pop Score can now be calculated. It is 123.

(This is the number of cases in the past 7 days added up v 100,000 people).

You can compare this with the GM boroughs and how they fared in the same 7 days.

Remember the lower this number the better and tier 3 usually means at least 300 plus and rising not much lower and falling.

I can update rises or falls for you on that 123 from now on Andy day to day.

GM best (lowest) to worst (highest). Though very relative given the low Weekly Pop scores for everywhere now in GM

Borough v Pop Score today v Pop Score 7 days ago.

TRAFFORD 114 down from 173

STOCKPORT 133 down from 221

TAMESIDE 141 down from 256

SALFORD 157 down from 261

MANCHESTER 180 down from 262

BURY 210 down from 317

WIGAN 211 down from 315

BOLTON 212 down from 313

OLDHAM 232 down from 394

ROCHDALE 262 down from 376

As you can see the falls have been pretty consistent across all boroughs with Oldham falling the most as it was in the biggest trouble - its Pop was 778 just 22 days ago so it has dropped a very long way in 3 weeks from when it was one of the worst two or three in the UK and several GM boroughs were in the top 10 worst 'red list' the government issues.

Rochdale as you see is now the worst in GM but with a score that a week ago was where Manchester then was - in mid table.

Andyhinch I nearly forgot to update Cheshire East for you. ~

Cases down to 52 from 68. Though higher than most of GM for a change. Pop score up 14 to 2333.

Been doing this for a week with this location now so the weekly Pop Score can now be calculated. It is 123.

(This is the number of cases in the past 7 days added up v 100,000 people).

You can compare this with the GM boroughs and how they fared in the same 7 days.

Remember the lower this number the better and tier 3 usually means at least 300 plus and rising not much lower and falling.

I can update rises or falls for you on that 123 from now on Andy day to day.

GM best (lowest) to worst (highest). Though very relative given the low Weekly Pop scores for everywhere now in GM

Borough v Pop Score today v Pop Score 7 days ago.

TRAFFORD 114 down from 173

STOCKPORT 133 down from 221

TAMESIDE 141 down from 256

SALFORD 157 down from 261

MANCHESTER 180 down from 262

BURY 210 down from 317

WIGAN 211 down from 315

BOLTON 212 down from 313

OLDHAM 232 down from 394

ROCHDALE 262 down from 376

As you can see the falls have been pretty consistent across all boroughs with Oldham falling the most as it was in the biggest trouble - its Pop was 778 just 22 days ago so it has dropped a very long way in 3 weeks from when it was one of the worst two or three in the UK and several GM boroughs were in the top 10 worst 'red list' the government issues.

Rochdale as you see is now the worst in GM but with a score that a week ago was where Manchester then was - in mid table.
Yes but come January after all the Xmas and new year party's it will all be back up again,and another lockdown.

I checked the 100 ward level Pop Scores that have the highest weekly Pop Score at that very local level.

THE worst one in the UK is Summerfield (West Midlands) with a scary weekly Pop of 1293.

Central Burnley at 737 is the only one outside the midlands, south or east in the top 10.

Castleton in Rochdale at 677 is the first GM ward to appear at number 20.

Moorside and Sholver in Oldham is at number 40 with a score of 600.

Fairfield in Bury is at number 58 with a score of 560.

Langley in Rochdale at number 65 with a score of 547.

Leigh South East in Wigan is at 94 with a score of 509.

And Newall Green in Manchester at 96 with a score of 508 is the only other GM ward in the top 100, And the only Manchester City ward in the top 200 listed.

There are a couple of others from Bolton, Salford and Bury in the 100 to 200 numbers but it is nothing like it was two or three weeks ago when GM dominated the list.

There was hardly any wards south of Birmingham then either but they are getting more common.

Last edited:
I checked the 100 ward level Pop Scores that have the highest weekly Pop Score at that very local level.

THE worst one in the UK is Summerfield (West Midlands) with a scary weekly Pop of 1293.

Central Burnley at 737 is the only one outside the midlands, south or east in the top 10.

Castleton in Rochdale at 677 is the first GM ward to appear at number 20.

Moorside and Sholver in Oldham is at number 40 with a score of 600.

Fairfield in Bury is at number 58 with a score of 560.

Langley in Rochdale at number 65 with a score of 547.

Leigh South East in Wigan is at 94 with a score of 509.

And Newall Green in Manchester at 96 with a score of 508 is the only other GM ward in the top 100, And the only Manchester City ward in the top 200 listed.

There are a couple of others from Bolton, Salford and Bury in the 100 to 200 numbers but it is nothing like it was two or three weeks ago when GM dominated the list.

There was hardly any wards south of Birmingham then either but they are getting more common.
Wow, that really brings home the shift from the NW.

Must be a bonus typing relatively good news recently.

Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?
Employing more people? Nope.
Perhaps they need money to buy a new fridge or -80⁰C freezer?
I await their explanation.
Perhaps it will cost money to remove the razor wire to let the public in?

Apparantly GP surgeries need cash to roll out the vaccine. I wonder why they think that?
Employing more people? Nope.
Perhaps they need money to buy a new fridge or -80⁰C freezer?
I await their explanation.
Perhaps it will cost money to remove the razor wire to let the public in?
Had a real issue since last Wednesday so phoned the doctor yesterday.
After a 25 minute wait booked a telephone appointment. Didn’t recognise the doctor’s name but it was good that he phoned within the hour.

Anyhow, he listened to the symptoms and looked at my previous issues with similar symptoms. It ended up with him asking me “What do you think it is?
WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.