COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is no downer on this news, if you think there is it's just your bias against the Gov.

It's been grim beyond measure, but from middle of Jan the first people in the roll out will have had both jabs and be immune, that's fantastic news in anyones book.

Hopefully by the end of March everyone in at risk groups will be fully vaccinated and immune.

No other countries will be in that position.
Not sure immunity is immediate but several weeks after

There really is no downer on this news, if you think there is it's just your bias against the Gov.

It's been grim beyond measure, but from middle of Jan the first people in the roll out will have had both jabs and be immune, that's fantastic news in anyones book.

Hopefully by the end of March everyone in at risk groups will be fully vaccinated and immune.

No other countries will be in that position.
At that point we really do need to regulate people coming into the country

Great news about the vaccine.

I have one fear about this Pfizer jab and that is that a portion of it will go to the rich/elite and their families. Hopefully just my paranoia but i don't want Rupert or Eugenie getting it before the vulnerable and those who look after them.
I presume you mean they'll jump the queue, because in theory everyone should get it. If they get it done privately, I'm not that fussed personally - that would save tax payers the cost

Great news about the vaccine.

I have one fear about this Pfizer jab and that is that a portion of it will go to the rich/elite and their families. Hopefully just my paranoia but i don't want Rupert or Eugenie getting it before the vulnerable and those who look after them.
Who cares right now about hypothetical conspiracies?

It’s a truly great fucking day and one that wasn’t certain to happen even just 2 months ago.

Fair fucks. I've said all along I felt the Oxford/AZ vaccine would 'win' the race so to speak and dependent on supply issues we may still be dosed with that version but in this case I'm happy to be wrong.

What a colossal effort by everyone involved and fair play to Pfizer/BioNTech, their dossier must have been excellent and they clearly didn't get any regulatory push back. Exciting.
I don't think it should be viewed as a race so to speak, all of the vaccines have their own merits. For example the Oxford/AZ vaccine is far more suitable for administration in the community because it's easier to store and we don't see this as important at the moment but it's also a lot cheaper.

We have only ordered around 10 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine so it's impossible that everyone will get it and I'm sure it has to be administered twice too. It makes sense to spread orders across the vaccines to avoid any supply issues. It seems so far they have all demonstrated an efficacy far beyond what's needed.

For the sake of logistics it's more likely that the younger folk will get the Oxford/AZ vaccine in a doctors surgery type setting sometime mid next year whereas the vulnerable, healthcare workers etc will get the Pfizer one in a hospital or similar mass scale setting as soon as they can roll it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.