COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government have got lots wrong during this pandemic but I suspect things wouldn't have been hugely different regardless of who was in charge as the UK is a very ill disciplined country. That is something for the politics thread. However, they have done a great job of identifying the best potential vaccines and ensuring the risk was spread by pre ordering different ones. We do a good job of distributing the flu vaccine annually via GP surgeries, pharmacies etc (I had my first ever flu jab recently) so I expect that with the extra resources that will be allotted the mass vaccination programme will be far quicker than many expect.

That is very true, we would probably have seen a similar outcome with a Labour government. The UK public are also very selfish, rules have constantly been broken and not everybody has played ball.

Corruption from the tories is sickening. Whopping PPE contracts to tory pals owning tin pot companies and certain tory owned businesses being allowed to remain open during lockdown and receive govt aid need to be looked in to.

Please God don't f..k this up as well.
The wagon carrying the vaccines will get stuck at Kent due to them not getting the Brexit deal sorted in time...
Or fall down a huge pothole due to the state of British roads...
Or they’ll open it up to find it’s all been stolen in liverpool...

The roll out will involve people with expertise from the annual flu vaccine plus the military, who have a successful track record distributing PPE.

The main issue with PPE was letting stocks deplete and then being faced with unprecedented demand. The vaccines will have a phased distribution which is more doable logistically. There may be the odd hiccup but things are definitely moving in the right direction.
Where i work, we was one of 5 north west companies to store a shit load of ppe, till the NHS found a warehouse of there own. All got took away a few months ago. And i do mean a shit load. Pallet after pallet with boxes piled high. Unlikely they will run out this time imo.

The UK the 1st country in the world to have a clinically approved vaccine - what amazing news.

Well done Hancock and all involved - a great achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.