COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might already have been mentioned, infact probably has, but good chance he's just trying to improve the level of uptake in US given there's reportedly more skepticism there than over here. If he can publicise how stringent their checks have been, then criticising other countries approach might be a small price to pay. Hopefully it doesn't hinder the confidence levels here but could have good effect over across the pond? Just thinking out loud tbh.

and if they want to prove they've tested it more, it's only to the benefit of the general public.

I understand entirely. Cleavers. I feel like giving up sometimes too, But it has become my daily challenge.

On the all settings deaths data accurately ascribed to the actual date of that peak - 18 Nov - the England all settings total is 430 - the highest by some distance. The previous peak date of 9 Nov has 404 England all settings deaths.

Even after all the redistributions since those dates they remain the two peaks of this wave and are the only two dates where England all settings have topped 400. No other date before or since looks likely to do so either for now.

The last time the all settings England deaths correctly attributed to the date of death on the certificate topped 400 was 4 May a month after the peak of wave 1.Then coming down of course - as hopefully is true now.

The peak of wave one was on 8 April when the all settings England only deaths were 975. Only two days then topped 900.

So the wave 2 peak at present in England is less than half that of wave 1 in April.

We can only hope it stays that way. As - terrible as this is - it could have been a lot worse.

As much as I’ve been critical of the government throughout this pandemic, with regards to this issue I’m pretty sure Williamson’s comments - although unhelpful - came after the US and EU gobbed off that the UK cut corners in getting the Pfizer vaccine approved. I said this morning that they should provide evidence of any corner cutting rather than mouthing off. My guess is that Williamson’s comments are in response to what has been thrown our way. Bunch of bitter salty cunts should be looking at getting their own approval stamp on the vaccine.
Even if that is true, even if it is, Williamson stating we’re a better country is absolutely ridiculous and is like a child bragging their toys are bigger.

It could well and probably has come out of Donald Trump’s mouth.

I totally cringed when he said that.

Looks like a change of plan
Care workers and over 80’s first ... when you add in the fact they sent sick people back to care homes which killed them and made it spread rapidly it makes you wonder whether it’s a ploy to get rid of all the elderly who drain money instead of paying for themselves..... call me cynical but.....

They did, but it's about time some of our lot "engaged brain", considering how badly we've actually done, trying to "point score" is just idiotic and unhelpful.
I don’t disagree but for once we’re not the villain here. Unless Fauci and the EU can back up their shit, then their pontificating is worse than pathetic. They should be getting their own house in order wrt getting approval because the daily death numbers from Covid-19 in the States and some EU countries are at record highs. Nearly 700 in Poland today and the last 3 days have been Germany’s worst 3 days for numbers of deaths during the whole pandemic.

It’s laughable, as they will all approve it anyway.
Exactly.
We‘ve been lax and can’t do our jobs properly.
Meanwhile the exemplary EU and the brilliant US are laughing at how stupid we are, but will ok it next week or maybe the end of the month.

Supercilious cunts seeing their arses over a fucking registration.

Even if that is true, even if it is, Williamson stating we’re a better country is absolutely ridiculous and is like a child bragging their toys are bigger.

It could well and probably has come out of Donald Trump’s mouth.

I totally cringed when he said that.
Of course it’s cringeworthy but slagging off another country for getting emergency approval for a vaccine is ten times worse and potentially damaging in terms of take up. For once, our government aren’t the biggest cunts in this pathetic spat which was started by others.

I understand entirely. Cleavers. I feel like giving up sometimes too, But it has become my daily challenge.

On the all settings deaths data accurately ascribed to the actual date of that peak - 18 Nov - the England all settings total is 430 - the highest by some distance. The previous peak date of 9 Nov has 404 England all settings deaths.

Even after all the redistributions since those dates they remain the two peaks of this wave and are the only two dates where England all settings have topped 400. No other date before or since looks likely to do so either for now.

The last time the all settings England deaths correctly attributed to the date of death on the certificate topped 400 was 4 May a month after the peak of wave 1.Then coming down of course - as hopefully is true now.

The peak of wave one was on 8 April when the all settings England only deaths were 975. Only two days then topped 900.

So the wave 2 peak at present in England is less than half that of wave 1 in April.

We can only hope it stays that way. As - terrible as this is - it could have been a lot worse.
Yes totally agree, it's good to know its less than half, even if it's still quite a horrible number, and given the current testing levels, it does make you wonder how many actually had it in that first wave ?

Exactly.
We‘ve been lax and can’t do our jobs properly.
Meanwhile the exemplary EU and the brilliant US are laughing at how stupid we are, but will ok it next week or maybe the end of the month.

Supercilious cunts seeing their arses over a fucking registration.
I honestly can’t believe some are giving Fauci and the EU a free pass on this.

I honestly can’t believe some are giving Fauci and the EU a free pass on this.
And yesterday we had David Lammy tweeting we were lying, claiming that we were still alongside the EU.
For once they got it right and deserve the credit, but it seems people would like to criticise them regardless of outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.