World Cup 2022 dates announced

it would be good for loaded football fans, weather`s perfect at that time.

I just cant help to think.....fuck you FIFA! They ruined another tourney and Austrailia or a joint UK bid should have got it.

The World Cup in Russia was brilliant.

Might be that Qatar could be over- controlled and corporate. For example you Are forced to drink the wretched Bud or have to splash out 20 quid in some hotel bar .
In Russia you could always dive into a bar or shop for beer at a sensible price. Moscow was practically drunk dry by the third week.
What were the bars over there like? Lively, with friendly locals?

how much of an American are you?
Hard to know, as I just have a piece of paper and passport that entitles me to the privileges of US citizenship, but I’m enough of a Brit, Yank and human to know that slave labor is a bad thing anywhere anytime.

Is slave labor OK with you, or where you live?

Hard to know, as I just have a piece of paper and passport that entitles me to the privileges of US citizenship, but I’m enough of a Brit, Yank and human to know that slave labor is a bad thing anywhere anytime.

As long as it's done elsewhere where we can pretend it's not happening, and we just import the products, yeah pretty much.

World cup is a busted flush, it's no longer the pinnacle of football, the location and scheduling of this tournament shows that!

What were the bars over there like? Lively, with friendly locals?
Fantastic. Fairly cheap once there, and everyone in a party/festival mood. There were locals and various nationalities all mixing really well. Stunning women everywhere. St Petersburg is an incredible place in summer.

It genuinely felt really welcoming. I'd been a few years earlier with City and it was a bit of a different vibe (and a lot colder), but didn't encounter any trouble.

I can understand the concerns of some after the Euros, but there was never going to be any supporter violence in Russia. The media over hyped it so much. Say what you want about Putin - and most of it is valid, but he wasn't going to allow that to happen on home soil.

Same with Qatar - you can justifyably argue about the rights and wrongs of awarding it to them, but its good that the World Cup is going to a new part of the world. So many grounds in such a small place is going to be great with 4 games a day. Personally, I think it might end up being the best one ever.

I don't disagree, but how is it different to what happens in the UAE? Not sure how you can in good conscience support City, if you have such an issue with what happens in Qatar, because its the same (or depending on who you listen to, worse).

I'll hold my hands up and say I'd prefer it didn't happen but I can disassociate the two things. I think you have to. In the same way I do with my clothing, electrical items, all sorts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.