World Cup 2022 dates announced

Still have a small hope the big stars starts campaigning to not participate and the whole thing goes through like a massive failure with emberrassing viewing figures, making in effect the World Cup that never happened.

Most players probably won't let the opportunity to go to a world cup pass them by though sadly, which I guess is understandable.

It's a huge shame people had to die so FIFA could line their pockets, while at the same time ruining the traditional football calendar. Farcical on every level

The ridiculous thing is if the political situation changes in the middle east (which is looking likely). It could end up being moved to somewhere else at last minute like Mexico 86 was.

The ridiculous thing is if the political situation changes in the middle east (which is looking likely). It could end up being moved to somewhere else at last minute like Mexico 86 was.
Lets hope so.
Push it to summer 2023 while were at it

I hate the idea of interrupting the season for the World Cup.

I wish clubs decided not to allow their players to go and make the WC a youth tournament.

I hope it never happens again!

All the grounds are within an hour of each other, so theoretically, you can get to 4 games a day. Looking forward to visiting a new part of the world, and ticking off some new grounds.

Doom and gloom again like there was ahead of Russia, and yet anyone that actually went will tell you how good it was.

If England do well, or win it, no one will be complaining about the time of year it takes place. The players will actually get an entire summer off in 2022 as well which is unheard of.

All the grounds are within an hour of each other, so theoretically, you can get to 4 games a day. Looking forward to visiting a new part of the world, and ticking off some new grounds.

Doom and gloom again like there was ahead of Russia, and yet anyone that actually went will tell you how good it was.

If England do well, or win it, no one will be complaining about the time of year it takes place. The players will actually get an entire summer off in 2022 as well which is unheard of.
You think so? There will be extended post and pre-season games for the top clubs all over the world as a chance to recoup some money lost this year......

You think so? There will be extended post and pre-season games for the top clubs all over the world as a chance to recoup some money lost this year......
You may well be right, but that is a club decision. People can't then "blame the calendar" at the same time when that window has been kept free.

Season 22/23 is likely to start earlier and finish later than usual, but there should not be any major tournament taking place in either so players (and staff) SHOULD get much longer holidays than ususal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.