PSG vs Istanbul Basaksehir suspended after 4th official accused of racism

Don’t be sorry mate. It was years ago & if I’m honest, it didn’t really effect me.

Huge racial tensions exist in the US. Far less so in the UK. Are you from the US mate?

I’d guess that regardless of race, percentage of racists will probably be similar across all races in any specific country.

I just don’t understand why anyone would have any issue with anyone else due to the colour of skin. Seems illogical to me.
I agree with everything you say and I would say that the bolded bit is very important. It didn’t affect you in a way because maybe you knew it was a rarity assuming you are white. However when black people in the US gets stopped frequently which sometimes result in a fatal incident then they have to constantly live in fear. That’s why all the protests happen because clearly they are oppressed even now. When something happens over and over again and nothing gets done there will be violent protests.

It isn't as bad as the tolerated shouts of 'fenian bastard' from gammons in the city crowd, more of a clumsy description which caused offence. Of course if this was pointed out an then it escalated I can see why it ended up as it did.

I agree with everything you say and I would say that the bolded bit is very important. It didn’t affect you in a way because maybe you knew it was a rarity assuming you are white. However when black people in the US gets stopped frequently which sometimes result in a fatal incident then they have to constantly live in fear. That’s why all the protests happen because clearly they are oppressed even now. When something happens over and over again and nothing gets done there will be violent protests.
It wasn’t a copper who pulled a gun on me, it was a young Asian lad who was trying to throw his weight around and bully the ‘white kid’.

I’ve never lived in the US so I only know what I read. However, in the UK, I’d suggest oppression is far too strong a word. As a white male, I am fully aware that I have been lucky enough to get opportunities in life that I possibly wouldn’t have had if I was non white or female.

It's not like Demba Ba isn't a well known footballer. If you're a match official, you should surely know who's playing at CL level. I think Demba has reason to be annoyed to be fair, just call him by name like.

Last edited:
Which one did it, son? ..........The one in the orange baseball cap with his arms folded Officer
whitemencantjump-2-613x463.jpg

Some Definitions to Help You.
"That bastard in the black".............Reffist
"That Prick"............Penisist.
"That sprint"...........Racist.
" That big guy in City's midfield"........Tourist.

It's not like Demba Ba isn't a well known footballer. If you're a match official, you should surely know who's playing at CL level. I think Demba has reason to be annoyed to be fair, just call him by name like.
I don't think it was Demba Ba. Apparently it was something to do with a member of the coaching staff who was also black. Demba Ba was then involved in the resulting argument.

But the man is black.

A factual statement is now racist?
I'm not sure if you are purposely missing the point. If it was a member of the white staff, would he have said 'that white guy'?. No. He wouldn't. And it's not like it was one black man amongst only white people. There were at least 3 black men there, so surely he could've pointed out the guy in a way that didn't involve using the colour of his skin?

Is this a fucking clarkie?
No, why would I still be doing a shit forum joke from years ago, that was never that amusing anyway

From what (little) I've read it's not a player but a coach, so obviously doesn't have a number, and he wouldn't necessarily know his name either.

I was more responding to the posts on the few previous pages where people were waffling about what if the bench was 4 black players and a white one as subs nonsense with my first sentence, as some seemed to be trying to find justification.

I expected my last comment saying not all facts are known would have made it obvious I wasn't having a formed opinion on the imcident, as the only snippet of video at the time of my post was Ba confronting him and speculation abound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.