United (A) Post Match Thread

Was a poor spectacle but think as always some major overreacting.
Nobody is pulling away, the league is very much still up for grabs and our defence, which has fairly been criticised over the last few years is looking as strong as it’s been for a decade.
Always shite when we don’t put those cunts to the sword but we’ve got to move on and look at the bigger picture.
Stones, once again was very good.

Just read the first 20 pages or so of this thread. Seen so many people call Pep a coward. Just to be clear I thought today’s performance was horrible and I hated every minute of it. However, Pep has changed the face of football and is one of the bravest managers around. He thinks differently, maybe sometimes overthinks it. Calling him a coward to though, it’s not on. I get people are frustrated but the reason for the frustration is we’ve become accustomed to the best football that’s ever been played. And who made us accustomed to that.....Pep.

Agree with that, the blind alleys that Sterling always used to run down are coming back in to his play, his first touch has also gone to the dogs, he just looks a mess on that pitch right now.
Dont even what to think about sterling tbh..He was supposed to be one of our senior players carrying the attack (not to the level of KDB but not too far from that either)...These days it seems like he is another ordinary gear in a machine.

I think there is a lack of confidence in our finishing which can lead us to be more defensive. We need a striker, get Haaland and we will push on, thing is we won’t get him in Jan so this season is going to continue to be a difficult season, a fit Aguero on form is our only hope.
What would Aguero have done tonight ? We created virtually nothing.

A Had muted the sound long before then. Were they really saying it wasn’t offside but it was a definite penalty. Surely VAR would have told the ref to have a rethink as no snipers were in the vicinity. Not even sure Walker made contact as it appeared as if both players genuinely kicked each other but one carried on playing whilst the other looked at the ref, jumped in the air, twisted around a fell over. Even if not offside it should never have been awarded
You were lucky you had the sound off. I cannot get to sleep after hearing that terrified scream. I will not be able to turn my light off tonight. I thought the rag cheat was surely the 41st English Martyr, killed in action on the field of play.
Like you l saw it as two players both attempting to kick the ball at the same time. If the incident had happened in the middle of the park both players would have carried on.

I never thought l would find

Come on pal with that comment you must have watched it on the radio.Thought Kev played some incredible passes today and his work rate was amazing right up to the last minute. You forget his brain works faster than most players.
Wow. I have no other words.

Agree with that, the blind alleys that Sterling always used to run down are coming back in to his play, his first touch has also gone to the dogs, he just looks a mess on that pitch right now.
He’s scared of Wan Bissaka. He knows he can’t get past him do doesn’t even try. Also he bottles every match against the dippers. His mental strength is very poor

Well that was boring...

I liked it that Pep changed things up to be wary of their counter, but it completely nullified us as an attacking team . There was absolutely nothing going forward. We didn’t put our foot on the ball enough and dictate the game. When we did look for quick, incisive passes, sterling created a decent chance but got crowded out and Mahrez should have done better with his 1 on 1.

All in all not a good day at the office and if we’re going to make them look like they had a decent game then we have some fairly sizeable issues. They’re utter shite and we let them compete with us today.

I don’t know what the answer is (I have my opinions and they’re very simple, move the fucking ball quickly and grow some bollocks). It seems that as a team were a bit lost. There was no spark at all again.

What has Phil got to do to get decent run in the team? He must fuck about something chronic in training. Today was the day for a local lad to get stuck in and again it didn’t happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.