Return of Supporters

I feel conflicted tbh. I applied for the Newcastle ballot, because I felt I should. But if I am totally honest I was a bit relieved that it wasn’t drawn. This whole situation leaves me confused and totally pissed off.

You really can't see the difference...
There's a huge difference, it's about £1.1bn, or each player is worth more than 5x the value of a Southampton player depending how you prefer to view that. If your issue is with fans specifically, we would also usually have about twice as many fans at a home game than they do at their ground too. Feels like there are several issues with sporting integrity, and selfish folk are choosing to focus on the most minor one. So minor infact, that I don't think it's actually an issue.

I've read so many times on this forum how important going to the football is for certain individuals mental health. What about that? I'm envious of Liverpool (and all the other clubs ) allowing a tiny number of fans at the minute, but do not begrudge them one bit.

Football clubs in the lower leagues are genuinely on the edge of going under and this allowed them to generate some income where it was deemed safe to do so. "But I think Liverpool get an unfair advantage", so fuck everyone else right?

You'll get your wish soon enough when we all go into another lockdown and no one can go and watch their team.

Hopefully Manchester comes out of the next lockdown in tier 2 or better. Will we see the same faces in here saying we shouldn't be allowed any fans in if for example people in London can't go? Will we fuck.

There's a huge difference, it's about £1.1bn, or each player is worth more than 5x the value of a Southampton player depending how you prefer to view that. If your issue is with fans specifically, we would also usually have about twice as many fans at a home game than they do at their ground too. Feels like there are several issues with sporting integrity, and selfish folk are choosing to focus on the most minor one. So minor infact, that I don't think it's actually an issue.

I've read so many times on this forum how important going to the football is for certain individuals mental health. What about that? I'm envious of Liverpool (and all the other clubs ) allowing a tiny number of fans at the minute, but do not begrudge them one bit.

Football clubs in the lower leagues are genuinely on the edge of going under and this allowed them to generate some income where it was deemed safe to do so. "But I think Liverpool get an unfair advantage", so fuck everyone else right?

You'll get your wish soon enough when we all go into another lockdown and no one can go and watch their team.

Hopefully Manchester comes out of the next lockdown in tier 2 or better. Will we see the same faces in here saying we shouldn't be allowed any fans in if for example people in London can't go? Will we fuck.
Take City out of the equation....What if I supported Burnley or Newcastle or Villa or Wolves etc etc etc....their players don't cost 5x what Southamptons cost....idiotic comparison...same with the attendances...

Last edited:
Some news reports for you:

1) According to informed sources the UK will have vaccinated 500k by this weekend.
2) Next week the UK is expected to vaccinate at 1 million per week.
3) There are newspaper reports suggesting the MHRA may approve the Oxford vaccine on the 28th December which will open up an unprecedented vaccination campaign across every town, city and village resulting in vaccination of the over 50's plus vulnerable groups by March.

IF this unfolds then the speed at which football re-opens will be fact and risk driven. If we know that all the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the infection rates, and hospitalisation rates are close to zero, everything will re-open.

The vaccine's aren't based on hope. They are based on theory, and experiment. Providing the MHrA approves the Oxford vaccine this is likely to unfold.

Proper missing it this time of the year, more so because it's when i take the Mrs for her annual 1 game of the season. No kids loads of beer and generally a good argument free day most of the time haha

Was driving round m60 tonight and on impulse decided to cut inside down Oldham road and then past the etihad. As I drove past all I could think was how beautiful it looked.
Boy, do I miss that place.
Then a left just so I could go past the Grove pub.
Back on the M60 at Ashton I told my wife it was a short cut.
She just looked at me and smiled.
She knew.

How is this fair? And one then insists on not spreading them all around the ground but instead stuffing them together in one stand behind the goal so the acoustics work better for them ...

T
How is this fair? And one then insists on not spreading them all around the ground but instead stuffing them together in one stand behind the goal so the acoustics work better for them ...

th

They’re not English, they’re Scouse. Rules don’t apply. Unless they want the government to pay their staff for them again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.