Return of Supporters

Think we'll all be back in a lockdown before the end of December, so seems better for pubs etc not to open up for a few days and have to shut down again. They would lose a lot more money doing that.

Envious of Liverpool fans being allowed in for the time being, but to be frank, there are bigger inequalities and issues of unfairness in the league, think people need some perspective. Liverpool having fans is not the reason we lie in mid table.

Hopefully we can get back in grounds towards the end of January or early Feb.
Where we are in the table is irrelevant, its a crock of shit that some fans are allowed in & some aren't...

The club were stupid to presume we would go down to tier 2.
The government has shown nothing but utter contempt for the north and I for one will not forget this when I vote in the next election.
I don’t think they’ve assumed, just planned ahead. If they hadn’t and we had gone into tier 2 they’d only have had a week to do the ballot

Yeah good points.

I didn’t go into the ballot for Newcastle neither. I think it’s a bad idea. I just think we should be doing as little as possible until we have enough immunity across the nation to open things that aren’t essential like football crowds back up.

Yeah, things need get properly under control with widespread immunity before we should be relaxing restrictions. In fact I think there's a strong argument for moving more Tier 2 areas into Tier 3. For example, here in Tier 2 Carlisle the cases dropped significantly after the latest lockdown and some people were getting giddy about the possibility of moving down into Tier 1 before Christmas. Guess what - since this time last week cases here have almost doubled and it's starting to look serious again. Apart from the odd pocket here & there it's the same throughout Cumbria & the NE. We are a long way away from coming through this IMHO.

Going in the ballot now Burnley isn’t happening. Didn’t want a ticket for that match, if I‘d got one.

The Country is run by journalists and politicians. They are capable of more than you think , just like Starmer and co are.
Looking at the criteria won’t tell you why Manchester is in Tier 3. It may well be for the best
The criteria. From what I can find the issue in Gt Manc is the pressure on the NHS with a very large number of Covid patients and high rates in 60+
  • Total number of Covid cases in an area
  • The number of cases in the over-60s
  • The rate at which cases are rising or falling
  • The proportion of test results coming back positive
  • Pressure on the NHS

The criteria. From what I can find the issue in Gt Manc is the pressure on the NHS with a very large number of Covid patients and high rates in 60+
  • Total number of Covid cases in an area
  • The number of cases in the over-60s
  • The rate at which cases are rising or falling
  • The proportion of test results coming back positive
  • Pressure on the NHS
Thanks for your response. think the pressure on the NHS would equally apply to Liverpool but we may never know the full details.

FWIW, I once worked on hospital waiting times policy in the Department of Health. Working minutes of the news of the then Labour leader John Smith dying, somebody was on the phone from Labour HW asking whether the ambulance had arrived within the Patients’ Charter time target. They could be viewed as a reasonable inquiry but politicians like journalists always want an angle. The current Government consists of both the above.

Where we are in the table is irrelevant, its a crock of shit that some fans are allowed in & some aren't...
Fans should be allowed in where it is safe to do so, period. Can't say I'm surprised to hear the selfish point of view of "if I can't go then no one else should".

I presume you've got an issue tomorrow when our team with a squad valuation of £1.361bn take on a squad valued at £261m? Where's your sporting integrity there?

Fans should be allowed in where it is safe to do so, period. Can't say I'm surprised to hear the selfish point of view of "if I can't go then no one else should".

I presume you've got an issue tomorrow when our team with a squad valuation of £1.361bn take on a squad valued at £261m? Where's your sporting integrity there?
You really can't see the difference...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.