General Videogame Thread

Anyone know of some good YouTube videos on building a pc? Cheers and Merry Christmas.
Check out Christother Flannigan Irish dude on you tube, ive just found him and if you follow what he does I don’t think you will go wrong. I’m going to order my parts in new year and follow his videos. The onky thing I’m worried about is doing the Bios flash on a new motherboard I dont want to brick it.

Check out Christother Flannigan Irish dude on you tube, ive just found him and if you follow what he does I don’t think you will go wrong. I’m going to order my parts in new year and follow his videos. The onky thing I’m worried about is doing the Bios flash on a new motherboard I dont want to brick it.

There are motherboards with dual bios pal, if you're worried about a bios update you can safeguard your attempts by buying wisely. That being said it is rather simple as long as you go to the makers website and chose the correct one, maybe put your motherboard model on here and allow someone to verify you have the correct bios.

Always have enough leccy in the meter that's the one that'll brick a motherboard.

Gigabyte motherboards all have dual bios if I recollect.

Because it's PC world/ Currys. They assume anyone buying from them has no idea what they are doing so treat accordingly. The level of after sales is appalling and woe besides you actually want to pay cash.

Can you add more ram? No. Change a graphics card? No.

They are a credit broker who happens to sell stuff.

You'll get far better service and build quality elsewhere if you want to go down that route.

I've used cyberpower in the past and have built my own. Both methods are more preferable.
Build quality? The above components (which i couldn't get for below £800) seem rather good quality / brands.

For a middle of the road machine that plays say Witcher 3 on ultra settings in 4k @ 60fps without it getting excited (only had a 60 hertz 42" 4k display to play it on) I really can't fault it, so again why "DONT DO THIS" in a godlike voice?

Build quality? The above components (which i couldn't get for below £800) seem rather good quality / brands.

For a middle of the road machine that plays say Witcher 3 on ultra settings in 4k @ 60fps without it getting excited (only had a 60 hertz 42" 4k display to play it on) I really can't fault it, so again why "DONT DO THIS" in a godlike voice?

Because I am a God?

If it works for you mate, well done. You got what you wanted.

Personally I wouldn't go down that route. I'd like to choose my own components.

Because I am a God?

If it works for you mate, well done. You got what you wanted.

Personally I wouldn't go down that route. I'd like to choose my own components.
lol fair play. You need to put a few right in the God's work thread.

I'm not averse to building the odd bespoke rig and like you would have pulled my face at a pre built but after weeks of pricing up and umming and ahhhing over parts i went pre built because it just worked out cheaper for a machine capable of what i wanted it to do (allrounder).

So much tech snobbery :)

There are motherboards with dual bios pal, if you're worried about a bios update you can safeguard your attempts by buying wisely. That being said it is rather simple as long as you go to the makers website and chose the correct one, maybe put your motherboard model on here and allow someone to verify you have the correct bios.

Always have enough leccy in the meter that's the one that'll brick a motherboard.

Gigabyte motherboards all have dual bios if I recollect.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-X570-TOMAHAWK-WIFI/Specification looking at getting this with Ryzen 5 5600 and a 3060gti pal,

You can safely say that you've gone high end there, and it all starts with the motherboard. Looking at that you'd be hard pressed to suggest an upgrade path.

Stupid question but you're using it on a 4K monitor aren't you?

If you buy that rig you will not be disappointed.

BIOS-LINK
i intend to eventually use it on 4k but its mainly for 1440p world of warcraft, probably overkill tbh, but i have the cash at the moment, around £1500 fro a self build.
in regard that bios link i take it you just use the top/latest one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.