General Videogame Thread

It’s a very proud moment once you boot up your own pc.
As for YouTube videos, there literally thousands of enthusiasts making them, I’d search for the videos including the motherboard in the search bar once you’ve got the parts, so you can watch your motherboard specifically being installed with the power supply, cpu,gpu,ram and hard drive etc.

Do not buy a pre-built PC. Anyone, even with zero experience, can build a PC. It’s as simple as slotting components together and can be done by following very simple YouTube videos.

It also makes maintenance simple as you know which component is which.

You also pay less for better.
Thanks for the reply. Some good suggestions here to get me started.

So I’m really enjoying the PS5, thanks Blue Maverick!!!

Controller is sweet, the vibration feedback and L2 /R2 triggers have force resistance now so makes me feel more involved with the game world. Best controller to date without having the chance to sample the newer Xbox pads and a real game changer.

Quick loading- booted up Spider-Man and resumed without any noticeable loading screens. Although my PC seems a touch more powerful, the ease of resuming games when I want a quick 15-30 minute session means I’ll probably purchase many games on the console instead of PC.

Homescreen- seems a lot nicer this time round & easier to navigate.

Ultra HD 4k bluRay - Just tested the game of thrones 4k box set and now means I can clear the 4k blu ray player to another room, which is handy as the ps5 takes up a lot of space.

I can’t wait to see some of the last gen games tweaked for this, such as last of us 2, god of war, horizon, red dead 2 etc. They were already very impressive on the PS4 pro.

Do not do this.
Really why not? How much would you say the below parts would cost? A similar pre built to the below specs cost around £800 from there

asus prime b460-plus
Intel Core i5 10400
2x8 ddr4 ram 24oomhz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
ssd 500 gb
hdd 2TB
Corsair glass paneled case

forgot which one but a psu capable of running the above

Really why not? How much would you say the below parts would cost? A similar pre built to the below specs cost around £800 from there

asus prime b460-plus
Intel Core i5 10400
2x8 ddr4 ram 24oomhz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
ssd 500 gb
hdd 2TB

I don't really see the need for anyone needing any more than what that is, OK the RAM speed isn't through the roof but it doesn't matter too much with intel.

Any Corsair or EVGA PSU with 600w would do just nicely with that build.

So I’m really enjoying the PS5, thanks Blue Maverick!!!

Controller is sweet, the vibration feedback and L2 /R2 triggers have force resistance now so makes me feel more involved with the game world. Best controller to date without having the chance to sample the newer Xbox pads and a real game changer.

Quick loading- booted up Spider-Man and resumed without any noticeable loading screens. Although my PC seems a touch more powerful, the ease of resuming games when I want a quick 15-30 minute session means I’ll probably purchase many games on the console instead of PC.

Homescreen- seems a lot nicer this time round & easier to navigate.

Ultra HD 4k bluRay - Just tested the game of thrones 4k box set and now means I can clear the 4k blu ray player to another room, which is handy as the ps5 takes up a lot of space.

I can’t wait to see some of the last gen games tweaked for this, such as last of us 2, god of war, horizon, red dead 2 etc. They were already very impressive on the PS4 pro.

God of War plays in 4k, 60fps on PS5 already btw! Looks astonishing

asus prime b460-plus
Intel Core i5 10400
2x8 ddr4 ram 24oomhz
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
ssd 500 gb
hdd 2TB

Because it's PC world/ Currys. They assume anyone buying from them has no idea what they are doing so treat accordingly. The level of after sales is appalling and woe besides you actually want to pay cash.

Can you add more ram? No. Change a graphics card? No.

They are a credit broker who happens to sell stuff.

You'll get far better service and build quality elsewhere if you want to go down that route.

I've used cyberpower in the past and have built my own. Both methods are more preferable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.