#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he doesn't. He makes an impact in the game whenever he starts. He is out of form? Yes. But an out of form sterling contributes in goals and assists . Helps us win. Out of form Bernardo offers nothing. I don't understand the unnecessary obsession with Bernardo when he is clearly not even impactful. Foden in left and sterling in right for me

He makes an impact alright,usually with the ground.

He makes an impact alright,usually with the ground.
Check his stats and Bernardo's. I can't believe someone would think Bernardo can replace sterling. Sterling can only be replaced by a world class winger (if we sign any). Bernardo hasnt even contributed more than 10 G/A in a season.

Imagine Foden had Bernardo's record in the PL and UCL this season:

10 starts
0 goals
0 assists

Think what the reaction on here would be?

"Will never be good enough"
"Needs to go out on loan"
"Championship player"

We hold Foden to ridiculously high standards. And I mean ridiculous. Every time he goes a game without scoring or assisting, people see it as Pep being vindicated for not starting him more often.

The whole Bernardo and Sterling thing just show Pep's "picking players on form" is a load of shite. Foden will literally have a game where he gets a goal and an assist and will find his arse glued to the bench the next game no matter what. Bernardo will run around like a headless chicken doing nothing and get picked again. Sterling will spend all game giving back passes to the opposition keeper and get picked the next game. I can 100% see why Foden would look at that and be pissed off.

Then you have Pep fucking about with subs and telling him to get warmed up and ready only to tell him to sit back down or put him on for the last 3 minutes of games which is a piss take. And the biggest joke of all is the people on here who just can't handle any criticism of Pep and would rather lick his arse hole than admit that his treatment of Foden has been poor.

No,its nothing like.

Bernardo or Foden with a run of consistent games would offer far more in terms of team play and cohesion than Sterling.

In terms of the stuff that actually matters, Bernardo offers nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Yes he keeps the ball. That's the bare minimum of being in a Pep team.

If what we want is a RW who can get the ball, dribble a few feet, turn and pass back to a defender, let's just play Gundogan in that position. He can't possibly be any less effective than Bernardo.

Check his stats and Bernardo's. I can't believe someone would think Bernardo can replace sterling. Sterling can only be replaced by a world class winger (if we sign any). Bernardo hasnt even contributed more than 10 G/A in a season.
He misses just as many.Bernardo is a team player,with a decent striker his game comes into its own.

No he doesn't. He makes an impact in the game whenever he starts. He is out of form? Yes. But an out of form sterling contributes in goals and assists . Helps us win. Out of form Bernardo offers nothing. I don't understand the unnecessary obsession with Bernardo when he is clearly not even impactful. Foden in left and sterling in right for me
Oh yes, he does that alright

He misses just as many.Bernardo is a team player,with a decent striker his game comes into its own.
He scores just as many. As I said you will get a better winger than sterling if you get the cash out. Bernardo is no where close to replacing sterling.

In terms of the stuff that actually matters, Bernardo offers nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Yes he keeps the ball. That's the bare minimum of being in a Pep team.
Clearly its not because Sterling cant manage it.

The opposition cant cause us damage while we have possession.

Our problem is a striker,our midfielders have no outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.