#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a common tactic for the media to create a 'he's frustrated/disillusioned/annoyed with whatever (insert manager, game time, tactics, money as appropriate) in a player of Phil's potential. It sells papers. And, of course, so the only club in the world who could contemplate buying him is RM. So that makes the story even more titillating. Thinking about his situation, my thoughts are: His playing in the opponents half when we are going forward or pressing high is very good and outstanding for his relative youth.So he's already good enough to play regularly in our front 3 in rotation as is the same for any of our front players. He's not better yet than KDB so that means if we play a '"10" it will be KDB in most games. Can he play centre mid with defensive responsibilities too? Not sure yet in Pep's opinion. So he won't feature in midfield in a back 6 which is how we've been playing in the season to date. The task for Phil is to convince Pep that he has the all round game to replace DS in a 4-3-3, which I'm sure is where Phil will be within 12 months but he's not there yet.I think Pep has a season long strategy for all our players in this campaign in terms of fitness, freshness and game time - even for KDB so Phil should not be surprised about his situation. By the way, I'm sure he isn't and that its all just paper talk.

How long before we give up hope that Bernardo will magically stop being useless? He doesn't need to play himself into form- more likely he needs a few weeks on a beach somewhere. Foden starting would be better for our title challenge.
Subjective with no guarantee.

Our whole front line is misfiring and need to regain their collective form.

No one gives the ball away,makes the wrong decision or fails to hold up play,more often than Sterling,and yet we are subjected to his frustrating and largely ineffective presence every game.
Sterling in right is currently better than anyone (in terms of impact) we have in the team .

No he is not. Who is better in RW than sterling? Please don't say Bernardo with 0 goals and assists only running around.

Sterling is a fanny,he gives the ball away constantly,wont stick his foot in when necessary,falls over or dives,and nearly always makes the wrong decision.

I'd have either Foden or Bernardo there every time.

Subjective with no guarantee.

Our whole front line is misfiring and need to regain their collective form.

Imagine Foden had Bernardo's record in the PL and UCL this season:

10 starts
0 goals
0 assists

Think what the reaction on here would be?

"Will never be good enough"
"Needs to go out on loan"
"Championship player"

We hold Foden to ridiculously high standards. And I mean ridiculous. Every time he goes a game without scoring or assisting, people see it as Pep being vindicated for not starting him more often.

It's a common tactic for the media to create a 'he's frustrated/disillusioned/annoyed with whatever (insert manager, game time, tactics, money as appropriate) in a player of Phil's potential. It sells papers. And, of course, so the only club in the world who could contemplate buying him is RM. So that makes the story even more titillating. Thinking about his situation, my thoughts are: His playing in the opponents half when we are going forward or pressing high is very good and outstanding for his relative youth.So he's already good enough to play regularly in our front 3 in rotation as is the same for any of our front players. He's not better yet than KDB so that means if we play a '"10" it will be KDB in most games. Can he play centre mid with defensive responsibilities too? Not sure yet in Pep's opinion. So he won't feature in midfield in a back 6 which is how we've been playing in the season to date. The task for Phil is to convince Pep that he has the all round game to replace DS in a 4-3-3, which I'm sure is where Phil will be within 12 months but he's not there yet.I think Pep has a season long strategy for all our players in this campaign in terms of fitness, freshness and game time - even for KDB so Phil should not be surprised about his situation. By the way, I'm sure he isn't and that its all just paper talk.

Doubt it. He was there to start with and doing very well before Pep randomly decided it didn't work anymore, presumably after some sort of fever dream in which he saw a vision of Foden making a mistake to cost us a UCL final because in the real world Phil did nothing wrong.

Sterling is a fanny,he gives the ball away constantly,wont stick his foot in when necessary,falls over or dives,and nearly always makes the wrong decision.

I'd have either Foden or Bernardo there every time.
No he doesn't. He makes an impact in the game whenever he starts. He is out of form? Yes. But an out of form sterling contributes in goals and assists . Helps us win. Out of form Bernardo offers nothing. I don't understand the unnecessary obsession with Bernardo when he is clearly not even impactful. Foden in left and sterling in right for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.