#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foden definitely is.
Foden has to play at LW and he has an impact there but not as consistent (quite similar sterling at RW ). currently we have no one better at LW and it's crowded at RW . In future Foden Will play as a midfielder.

What does this actually mean? Gascoigne was an alcoholic with mental health issues and Rooney just didn't look after his body properly (and still ended up as record scorer for England and Utd), so I'm not sure how either of them relate to Foden. If you're talking about players playing too much when they were young, how do you explain the countless number of players who played far more minutes than Foden did as a teenager and were still going strong in their 30's?

I can only think of Giggs who started playing at the top level in his teens and continued playing at the top level his entire career. Giggs also had the luxury of having international breaks off.

Just look at the other top teams in England. Is there any of them that has a 20 year old who has played as many minutes has Phil has? I can't think of one. He is way ahead of anyone else at the same stage of his career.

I mentioned Gazza and Rooney as they were both prodigious talents. Gazza never played 30 league games a season after the age of around 23. Most seasons after that he played nowhere near 30. He was constantly injured and then he suffered badly due to mental and addiction issues. Rooney was a freak, but he burnt out and by 30, he was finished at the top level.

Foden can't play every week. City have imo played it perfectly with him and will reap the rewards going forward.

Check his stats and Bernardo's. I can't believe someone would think Bernardo can replace sterling. Sterling can only be replaced by a world class winger (if we sign any). Bernardo hasnt even contributed more than 10 G/A in a season.
Appreciate this is not the Sterling thread, but are you saying he is World Class?

Clearly its not because Sterling cant manage it.

The opposition cant cause us damage while we have possession.

Our problem is a striker,our midfielders have no outlet.

Sterling scored seventy-nine goals across his last three full seasons. If he stays with us through his prime, he will comfortably overtake Eric Brook to become our second-highest ever goalscorer behind only Agüero. This season he hasn't scored quite as much as he usually would because the whole team is struggling badly to create and finish chances. That's all.

If you'd rather we play a man who has scored one league goal in the last twelve months then I can't help you.

Sterling scored seventy-nine goals across his last three full seasons. If he stays with us through his prime, he will comfortably overtake Eric Brook to become our second-highest ever goalscorer behind only Agüero. This season he hasn't scored quite as much as he usually would because the whole team is struggling badly to create and finish chances. That's all.

If you'd rather we play a man who has scored one league goal in the last twelve months then I can't help you.
He isnt doing it this season though.I'm not saying he hasnt been effective,or an amazing player for us,but that has now vanished.

It isnt all......he cant hold the ball up,he gives it away,he allows the opposition to break and he nearly always makes the wrong decision in the final third.He no longer warrants a starting place.

If you cant see that,i cant help you.

We are not struggling to create chances, we have created more than anyone else in the premier league. We are struggling to finish them off and Sterling is the most guilty of missing them.

We need Raheem and he is an important part of the team. He is a great foil, but he can never be relied upon to be the main man.

He isnt doing it this season though.I'm not saying he hasnt been effective,or an amazing player for us,but that has now vanished.

It isnt all......he cant hold the ball up,he gives it away,he allows the opposition to break and he nearly always makes the wrong decision in the final third.He no longer warrants a starting place.

If you cant see that,i cant help you.

Pep disagrees with you; guess you won't be helping him either.

All our players are struggling becasue of a lack of movement up front,hence why we are constantly camped 30 yards out playing lethargic,sideways,and backwards passes.Hence why we are not scoring and why much of the opposition wait for us to lose the ball and play on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.