COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed 60,000 got it today. How many people are still coming into contact with others? Where and how are they getting it?
60,000 tested positive today.
Takes about a week from symptoms to show after Christmas day get togethers.

Different experience here.

I lost a chipped part of a tooth during the lockdown and dentists were shut. It created a huge abscess that a week of pain killers was not curing. Several sleepless nights. My doctor point blank refused to issue any antibiotics and told me to go to hospital. I chose not to in the circumstances and balanced risk but that could have turned nasty and was a genuine need as I had not had any anti bios in years and it clearly was an infection.

But she explained to me why they no longer did this. So if some are doing this why not others?
Dentists always have an emergency number and gp's dont usually give antibiotics for dental as they could miss something if it is not just an abcess, he was right to say go to the hosp if you really cant get emergency dental care

I have read about this before but still don't quite understand the concept. Maybe some articulate soul off here could eleborate further. If it's not living then how can it die or have no existence outside of a host cell. Is bacteria alive?
All viruses are are a bit of genetic material surrounded by a bit of protein.
The genetic material contains the information to make and assemble the protein and copy itself.
It has no ability to do this on its own so has to get into a living cell to do this.
The cell incidentally can be any living thing Including bacteria.
Viruses can exist outside cells but most including covid become denatured fairly quickly in most conditions outside a host.
In some conditions they do not denature and can survive virtually indefinitely eg in a deep freeze.
They have no metabolic processes to generate or utilise energy and are not considered to be living.
Bacteria generate energy are capable of movement and are definitely alive.

As posted further up, in the Pfizer trials 80% were given vaccine upto 10 weeks after the first with the other 20% presumably even later.

So although it wasn’t given official approval for the 2nd dose to be up to 12 weeks after it clearly still works in providing immunity upto that timeframe.

Let’s not forget it’s the MHRA who approved this policy who are or should be completely independent. Van Tam was speaking about it yesterday too.

Some of those 20% probably only got one dose.

Watch areas

CHESHIRE EAST

247 cases - sorry Andy new record.

Total cases 12190.

Pop score up 64 to 3173.

Weekly Pop up 29 from 285 to 314

Almost three times where it was when you asked me to start tracking it a month ago,

Much of GM has gone the same way in the same time period.

I'm still suffering quite a bit mate, not slept for six nights and temps still up and down, which is just energy sapping.

I'm 12 days in and must continue to self isolate until symptoms have gone for 48 hours.

My coughing is a lot better but the Codeine Linctus the docs recommended makes me right off and unsteady on my feet.

I feel like I have aged 20 years in two weeks but I'm 46, not 48 ;)

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages.

I have literally turned my phone off for days.
Hope you get better soon mate - keep fighting it and ive been told just keep taking loads of liquids and food to keep strength up

Dentists always have can emergency number and gp's dont usually give antibiotics for dental as they could miss something if it is not just an abcess, he was right to say go to the hosp if you really cant get emergency dental care
A colleague of mine hated dentists. He had an abscess and refused to see anyone. After six months of me having a go he finally went to see the dentist.
He referred him to a doctor who then sent him to hospital.
Came to see me a day later that he had six weeks to live as he had cancer.
The doctor is key!

Different experience here.

I lost a chipped part of a tooth during the lockdown and dentists were shut. It created a huge abscess that a week of pain killers was not curing. Several sleepless nights. My doctor point blank refused to issue any antibiotics and told me to go to hospital. I chose not to in the circumstances and balanced risk but that could have turned nasty and was a genuine need as I had not had any anti bios in years and it clearly was an infection.

But she explained to me why they no longer did this. So if some are doing this why not others?
I received a result by securing an appointment at Fairfield for a scan without them seeing me so our doc must have requested it regardless, talking only 5 weeks to procur which is good. The wife received sterling treatment from the moment of breaking her arm, was treated and operated on within ten days. A private room on the Oasis unit at the dale. In early doors this morning at 07.00 and out for early afternoon. Could have been seen at Oldham far quicker but a danger they said of contracting covid at the 30% with mixed wards. Well done NHS and thanks.

Last edited:
I am amazed 60,000 got it today. How many people are still coming into contact with others? Where and how are they getting it?
People are getting it because they are ignoring rules. For example one of my friends is spending tonight with his family at his parents, both over 80. Another is having dinner with friends at their house, one of whom is having high risk and another has left his tier 4 home to travel 200 miles to another tier 4 area to have a short break. People are stupid, selfish and complete and utter idiots even after 9 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.