Colin Bell RIP - Ian Cheeseman interview with Jon Bell (P142)

So sad to read of his passing and hope you can allow this Gooner to express his regrets? I was at Uni in Manchester in the early mid 70s and lucky enough to have seen him play many many times with the likes of Summerbee and Lee. He was a truly world class player, in many ways, like was said of Martin Peters, ahead of his time. We tend to exalt many players today but few now are his equal in my view. Very sad, such a truly great player. I’m glad I enjoyed seeing him in his pomp. I offer you my sincerest sympathies and condolences and I’m sure the club will honour him as he is due. He deserves no less.

RIP Colin The King . You gave City fans some incredible memories . I went to the barbers and asked for a Colin Bell haircut , in those days . Remember when we signed him from Bury and remember the tackle that finished his carrier . Then his comeback , running with a limp through the pain barrier . The true memory is of the greatest player our club ever had . To be remembered how he has been remembered tells you how great he was .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.