Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called cost benefit analysis. It’s how health decisions are made. Many seem too immature to have these conversations mostly because they never have to have them (thankfully, not a job I would wish to have).
And those decisions are made by health professional's and scientist's or politician's.

Merseyside numbers

Warrington ( not in Merseyside I know but ON the Mersey) 241 cases (they have been stable around this past few days). Pop score up 115 to 5882. As this is a pretty big number for the town.

If they ever get a league team they might take over the answer for the notorious quiz question as to which pro football ground is closest to the River Mersey. Which the world and its cat guesses Everton or Liverpool and gets wrong (as It is actually Stockport - not in Merseyside either but ON the Mersey!)

Liverpool - 756 cases - third straight fall but also third highest ever. Pop score up 152 to 6730. Catching up fast to Manchester's Pop which it has always been behind.

Wirral 524 - highest number ever and shooting up fast Three weeks ago it was one TENTH of this day after day. Pop score up 161 to 4955. One of the highest today in the whole UK.

Close them they won’t survive. What you are suggesting is nonsense.
This will last till the end of March at best.
It wouldn’t see a decent enough deficit in deaths.
the lives of the additional people who die are not worth as much as the devastation to the economy that would result from what you suggest (and the additional consequential deaths as a result)
Disgusting

Sky News gathered the most Googled vaccine queries - and came up with some of our own questions - to put to Professor Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.

Its called cost benefit analysis. It’s how health decisions are made. Many seem too immature to have these conversations mostly because they never have to have them (thankfully, not a job I would wish to have).
My niece is in charge of an NHS trust. She said all her meetings yesterday were about the maximum mortuary capacity in Gtr. Manchester. Expecting big rise in hospital admissions and deaths in January

Since the vaccine is getting rolled out in stages and the first stage is:-

Residents in care homes for older adults and their carers

Followed by:-

80-year-olds and over and frontline health and social care workers

can anyone tell me what these people are queueing for?

Surely you'd get a letter or whatever to tell you that it's your turn and when & where to turn up?

They're into the 2nd batch - Front line Health service workers and care home staff are OK queuing.

Last edited:
At no point have I said that. It's a comment on how the infrastructure is failing and about to fail people.

I just think London was treated as the golden goose and now it's come back to haunt everyone else who had no say. As the biggest population centre it should have always had the toughest restrictions. A new, NHS crippling variant has emerged from it and it's the costly mistake of the second wave. It will now cause unimaginable pain across the whole country.

There is no proof the cariant emerged from London. It hit London, yes.

The whole benefitting London guff is utter nonsense.

If London has looser restrictions (eg can go to the boozer with household members) , it is due to 'southern bias'. If London has tighter restrictions (eg closing schools) , it is due to Govt favouring the capital. Some people need to make their mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.