Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic slightly but the other day l watched something about 30 years of HIGNFY on BBCi player. It was interesting to see how Ian Hislop ticked over the years.
His 'place in town' was a small terrace in Wandsworth Common. He was often seen collecting his newspaper still in his dressing gown. Bet he don't do dat now.

Could you tell me from your experience why some families get vouchers whilst others get the packs? Is it the way certain councils choose to do it. There has been a lot of talk about these packs but mention of where its happening regionally or otherwise although a very generic word 'companies' is mentioned but that's about it.
Could you tell me from your experience why some families get vouchers whilst others get the packs? Is it the way certain councils choose to do it. There has been a lot of talk about these packs but mention of where its happening regionally or otherwise although a very generic word 'companies' is mentioned but that's about it.
Yeah Sure,
Basically the government guidelines were very vague and basically said do what you deem to be the best for you i.e; food parcels or vouchers.

My school made the call to stick with vouchers as it worked well last time, was well received and made more sense.

Some schools (from what I can see from the ages of the kids of the parents who received these pitiful packages were Primary Schools) who have much smaller numbers of kids chose to use private providers to send out food parcels.
As many were so piss poor and not fit for purpose this has quite rightly caused a huge outcry.

The providers could have been private companies offering this service or even their own provider as some schools have privately run provision however as we've never gone down that particular route I'm not as well versed in this process.

Our own Kitchen Manager recommended vouchers and said that families would get far more if you gave them vouchers than anything he would be able to put together (our school meal provider is a privately contracted company)

The main point is though that it was so obvious what was going to happen once the guidelines came out.

A national scheme (Edenred) was in place last time that schools could order vouchers through rather than ordering direct (Edenred gives recipients a choice of supermarkets whereas ordering direct you can only choose a named supermarket).
Last time round there were problems with schools getting onto their sites to register however most schools I have contact with including ours eventually got onto this and they could quite easily have picked this up again and saved all this furore.

It's yet another example in a long list of government cock-ups and U-turns with schools and they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

So just to redress the balance I tried quoting this little gem on the DM comments section under the ‘exclusive’ they penned about us. They have chosen to moderate this article and as you’d expect the Neanderthals have been given free pass yet none of my comments have seen the light of day.
Seeing as they printed the original article about the rags pinching the ‘new Totti’ off Roma and giving his dad a gardening job by the corner flag you’d have thought they’d have been happy to stand by it.
If there are still any anti agenda theorists out there Shirley this would be the final example that swings you?
Really? Hahahaha they won’t even accept their own article

His 'place in town' was a small terrace in Wandsworth Common. He was often seen collecting his newspaper still in his dressing gown. Bet he don't do dat now.
Yeah I stayed with a pal in Wandsworth for a few months while working down there and often saw Hislop cutting about the place

I'm guessing (unless it's changed since) that it's the two articles listed regarding goal celebrations.

The first (Referees told to remind captains of social-distancing rules) has a picture of the dippers being oh so proper.

The second (Guardiola: Following Covid-19 protocols by not hugging is too tough for players) of course has the picture from last night.

There is a third that claims 'Foden firing City's title resurgence' which even the commentators last night admitted is not a resurgence as we've always been there, it's just circumstances and games in hand that's made it look worse. Interesting that yet again they made mention of how good our defence is while gushing over Dias & Stones. It's only the idiots that are still going with the 'City are easy to get at' line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.