Rodney Marsh Q&A "I left my heart in Manchester"

yes it was a very good interview I enjoyed it

Me too. The OP's page has become a very welcome source of City material for those Blues who are on Facebook. I'd advise any fans with an account on there to sign up.

Rodney Marsh, great player and entertainer, he was a joy to watch, one of the first ball jugglers to grace the first division, I certainly enjoyed his time playing for City. People say he lost us the League, I don't think he did, people forget that Colin Bell got injured during the season and missed 8 to 9 games, and we lost 4 to 5 of those games without the King, unfortunately Rodney got the blame, and has lived with it for the rest of his life, I think people need to drop this and show our support of another great player, my best mates Idol, god bless him.
Rodney didn't loose us the league, it wasn't him who brought him to Maine Road nor was it him who choose the team and defined the tactics. He was a great buy at the time and pushed City forward as a "brand" (hate the word but its relevant) Big Mal should have just played him in the debut game v Chelsea which was a great game and atmosphere, he then should have used an injury, which I think he had, as an excuse to use him sparingly and gone back to the tried and test formulae that got us to the top of the league. I'm sure then we would have gone on and won it Rodney could have played for the champions the following season Hindsight is wonderful mind you

Rodney didn't loose us the league, it wasn't him who brought him to Maine Road nor was it him who choose the team and defined the tactics. He was a great buy at the time and pushed City forward as a "brand" (hate the word but its relevant) Big Mal should have just played him in the debut game v Chelsea which was a great game and atmosphere, he then should have used an injury, which I think he had, as an excuse to use him sparingly and gone back to the tried and test formulae that got us to the top of the league. I'm sure then we would have gone on and won it Rodney could have played for the champions the following season Hindsight is wonderful mind you
Did I pick Rodney up wrong with the seasons.
He said he was a sub at the start and his first goal against the rags was at the swamp as a sub in an 3/1 win.

Here go mate as now available via Youtube :-)

Tales of Blue Manchester City - YouTube
Brilliant mate, thanks very much .

Excellent stuff, not surprised him and Dennis didn't get along, both very headstrong.

Wasn't surprised when he mentioned Eze either, only watched him a few times but just looks so natural with a ball at his feet, but like Rodney says, he needs some direction, could be a very good player.

Last edited:
I always found him top class entertainment, remember him trapping the ball with his arse on the touchline from a goalkeeper clearance, superb ball skills and somebody I would pay to watch anytime. I don't think we can really say he cost us the league, nobody knows what the outcome would of been if we hadn't signed him.
I recall at one time the kippax was spilt between Doyle and Marsh, can't remember why now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.