Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we ever do get round to signing Messi he won't be able to lace Foden's boots, because he'll be too fuckin' old to bend down; )
First time you are right about something. At least partially right. He'd still be good. Perhaps even better than Phil, but he won't be special, and he'd play very little defense or press.

I'm lukewarm about his addition.

First time you are right about something. At least partially right. He'd still be good. Perhaps even better than Phil, but he won't be special, and he'd play very little defense or press.

I'm lukewarm about his addition.
Good to be partially right than a wrong un mate; )

But joking apart I think Messi leaving Barca to move to England will be a huge upheaval for him and his family at his age. He's a one club man who I very much doubt would leave Barca if their ship was in calm waters. To me it feels like if he came he'd feel as though he'd be doing us a massive favour. I think if we are to sign him it would be for commercial reasons over footballing reasons. He's THE world's current best player in a much easier slower pace league. Not sure he can replicate his skills here, or whether he has the hunger of a new challenge at 34.

I don't want us to become Messi FC and I don't want it to cause disharmony in the dressing room, similar to when united had Pogba squabbling with piano man soon after he signed.(pay parity) Rags form took a dip when that happened and as consequence caused problems in the dressing room and affected results. I get all the Messi teaching Foden new tricks but Silva taught him enough and Phil is coming on nicely now. Messi's expiry date isn't too far away as it is but in the rough and tumble of the PL I think he'd struggle to impress as much as he has done is currently impressing, but for how much longer? I think 'better the devil you know', in Messi's case.

Last edited:
Uprooting his family from Barcelona would always be a tough call esp. a young family and he doesn't have any roots in England as well. I read he has some properties in Paris and all. Plus an easy league win and pals with Neymar. So it would be an easy call and not a footballing one.
He ain't winning the CL with PSG. The league is not upto the mark and is highly derided among fans. Winning a PL and CL in England would mean he has done it all. He has clearly wasted some of his prime years in the drivel that is Barcelona so he may want to go out with a bang. Even if you remove City out of the picture, the reunion with Pep would be a great storyline.
And this goes without saying our club ,our manager our entire CFG project and the chance to win multiple trophies all of this should be a factor in his decision making. Imho Paris is an easy choice so is staying in Barcelona. The greatest of all time should go on a high and the probability of doing so is greater in Manchester than in Paris or Barcelona.

On a personal level I am not so invested in a 34 year old Messi. He comes, it makes up for a great news we get to see him play in skyblue and he may get us a couple more trophies than we could without him.
Signing Haaland and other players would mean trophies for the next decade. I prefer the latter or both :D

All this talking shit of cule and cules. WTF?

I‘m convinced it’s a misprint for one of the following:

CUL: French for arsehole or idiot, or
COULIS: Pretentious sticky shite overpaid chefs put on top of a pudding, or
CUE: A stick with a point at one end and a slap-head at the other, or
COWELL: Smug cnut on TV with trousers up to his man tits.
Given French is one of the official Swiss languages I'm going for option 1.

All this talking shit of cule and cules. WTF?

I‘m convinced it’s a misprint for one of the following:

CUL: French for arsehole or idiot, or
COULIS: Pretentious sticky shite overpaid chefs put on top of a pudding, or
CUE: A stick with a point at one end and a slap-head at the other, or
COWELL: Smug cnut on TV with trousers up to his man tits.

According to google -

The first image that passers-by had as they as they neared the stadium was of the backsides of the fans sitting on the Wall watching the games. From that time onwards, the supporters of the ‘Azulgranas’ came to be known in Catalan as ‘Culers’ or ‘Culés’ in Castellano, which means those that show their backsides.

Their stadium is even worse now!! And possibly an apt description of their fans. It seemingly has nothing to do with their players or academy

Mundo Deportivo (the Barcelona based paper) are reporting that PSG are looking at hijacking him since Barca are skint.

Mundo Deportivo (the Barcelona based paper) are reporting that PSG are looking at hijacking him since Barca are skint.

They are also saying he is 'open' to the move since he is 'not ruling it out'.

Which is shite. But still, wouldn't it be fucking lovely, if PSG turned his head with actual money, actual playing time, and an actual move this window rather than when it might suit whoever it may be at whatever time.

Uprooting his family from Barcelona would always be a tough call esp. a young family and he doesn't have any roots in England as well. I read he has some properties in Paris and all. Plus an easy league win and pals with Neymar. So it would be an easy call and not a footballing one.
He ain't winning the CL with PSG. The league is not upto the mark and is highly derided among fans. Winning a PL and CL in England would mean he has done it all. He has clearly wasted some of his prime years in the drivel that is Barcelona so he may want to go out with a bang. Even if you remove City out of the picture, the reunion with Pep would be a great storyline.
And this goes without saying our club ,our manager our entire CFG project and the chance to win multiple trophies all of this should be a factor in his decision making. Imho Paris is an easy choice so is staying in Barcelona. The greatest of all time should go on a high and the probability of doing so is greater in Manchester than in Paris or Barcelona.

On a personal level I am not so invested in a 34 year old Messi. He comes, it makes up for a great news we get to see him play in skyblue and he may get us a couple more trophies than we could without him.
Signing Haaland and other players would mean trophies for the next decade. I prefer the latter or both :D

What you should take into account though is that having Messi would make it easier to sign players like Haaland.

“Hey, how do you fancy playing in front of Messi and De Bruyne?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.