Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scientists have claimed that the new mutant coronavirus strain is 30 per cent more deadly than the old one.

Researchers from the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (NERVTAG) say the new strain will likely kill 30 per cent more people than the old one, ITV's Robert Peston reported today.

Scientists have claimed that the new mutant coronavirus strain is 30 per cent more deadly than the old one.

Researchers from the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (NERVTAG) say the new strain will likely kill 30 per cent more people than the old one, ITV's Robert Peston reported today.

Whilst it sounds bad, this is actually far less serious than it being more transmissible.

And it also sounds like these figures are very preliminary, plus I wonder to what extent they are related to the current massive crisis in the NHS cause by sheer numbers.

Not a cause for significant concern at all IMO.

Good article here:

rumours on Twitter that’s what the press conference will say unfortunately .

Regional Scoreboard Highlights:

Cases up in the south and North West. Though by a little less in the NW than the south.

Down in the Midlands and Yorkshire and North East.

North:-

North West very much driving the regions numbers at more than double the other two regions combined.

North West up 576 to 5007 - down on 6364 last Friday.

Yorkshire down 180 to sub 2000 again at 1934.

North East down 117 to 1267.

Midlands:-

Fallen a little and been at similar numbers all week. Seems to have flattened off.

East Midlands down 234 to 2850

West Midlands down 403 to 4177

South:-

All up here some quite a bit.

East up nearly 1000 to 4574

London up 198 to 7933

South East up 1451 to 6438 - highest in a week

South West up 59 to 2453.

There will be years of it
If it's anything like all the public inquiries I can remember it will achieve nothing other than a political cover-up. What we really need is a major project looking at what we can do moving forward to avoid this happening again. Public inquiries are nothing more than a sop. It is what happens in the future that really matters. I understand the desire of many people to hold people to account but we need action not another ten-year talking shop. We haven't even sorted cladding out since the Grenville Tower blaze yet.

Hopefully not but I do not see any reason from the data to think it will be earlier or much less unfortunately.

Christmas 2020 will be recalled as the deadliest on record sadly. Especially when all the deaths caused by the hospitals being swamped get added in.
I’d have thought deaths at Christmas in any year between 1914-1918 would be more but yes, grim wherever 2020 is placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.