Murphy
Lawrenson
Rednapp
Warnock
Crouch
Thompson
Owen

Who did I miss?
Not sure if you’re referring to specific channels but I’ve seen Fletcher, Cole and Ince a few times.

I think you've missed my point completely, but assume you're being deliberately obtuse. Murphy simply repeats what has been dripped into his brain since 2008, he's had the idea put there and is more than happy to oblige his paymasters by repeating it. Drip, drip, drip. Borrowed money good, oil money bad. It's almost Orwellian.

I wasn’t but accept the drip theory to the likes of Murphy. Who are his paymasters, Sky?

I think, to me, its a big stretch that using the word big, instead of depth is a method, in relation to Manchester Citys football squad is an example racism against our owners. But thanks for explaining.

More jealous? Plus only a few awards are decided by peers.

Look, the fact is a lot of people don't like how we were funded since 2008.
I actually get that. I've said in previous posts, that i don't think it is fair for any club to be able to suddenly spend large amounts. but it was the only way to break through and ALL successful clubs have done it at some point.

So that sets a narrative that we have bought success.
That in itself causes jealousy/anger amongst other players/pundits the press.
Chelsea went through a similar period where any success was derided. They seem to be passed that now and any achievements are accepted as earnt.

Whatever people think of City's business model, that should never take away from what the same eleven v eleven players are doing on the pitch.
Unfortunately, there are some people out there that they cannot praise or be positive about us.
It tends to be the same older pundits/commentators and agenda driven reporters (shills) that are guilty of unrelenting attacks.
Whether it be subtle or direct, it is constant.

I have read plenty of positive reports on us. And we are not the only ones to get agenda driven poor press. Most of the time it is merely clickbait, or to get attention seeking headlines though.

The media in general are like pack animals now. They run whichever way the wind is blowing. They also feed on the weak. Ignore their constant bites at your peril etc.

Good posts and it reflects a lot of my thinking. Were not a million miles apart.

Im not sure the players are jealous though when deciding awards, I very much doubt they look into it that deeply in regards the development of football clubs etc. Sometimes you just have to accept some opinions don't reflect your own.

It's not that Foden doesn't get praise. I was saying imagine the praise he would get if he played in red.
Even the press/pundits cannot ignore raw talent.

The lack of individual awards over the years proves my point.
Exactly. They can't ignore him, but they won't go overboard with it and they certainly won't slip his name into conversations that don't directly involve him, like they would with players from "other" clubs.

For an example, today before Chelsea's match Gabby Logan was conversing with Murphy about Chelsea's young lad Gilmour (who looks like a very good young talent to me). Murphy, waxed on about young talented players in the game and how it was a good thing that they were getting their chances to show their talents, BUT are you telling me that after he sat and watched yesterday's performance by Foden that he wouldn't have brought that into the conversation IF Foden was lucky enough to play in a red shirt, the opportunity was there to further the points he was making, but he refused it.

I'm not saying they SHOULD, but they certainly WOULD for certain players at certain clubs.

Also, was there a mention that Gilmour should go out on loan to get more game time? Was there fvck!

All we really want is the same application for each and every club.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Frank.

As I asked earlier, how do you define the agenda that you say doesn’t exist?

I have tried to explain it above. I always get asked a lot of questions in this thread but few answers back. Do you think BT/SKY/Scudamore could be a collection of these individual/bodies?

I have tried to explain it above. I always get asked a lot of questions in this thread but few answers back. Do you think BT/SKY/Scudamore could be a collection of these individual/bodies?

Well I did ask first. BT and Sky promote whatever they judge to be in their own commercial best interests. Scudamore does whatever his employers want. For instance, BTs commentary improved remarkably after City fans terminated their contracts in their droves, for instance. It seems to be sliding again as the Villa game showed.

So I ask again. How do you define the agenda that you say does not exist? I looked at your earlier post and couldn’t find it. Would you mind re-posting please?

The narrative being that City weren't playing 'within the spirit of the game'.

I've steered clear or TV and papers today. Apart from MOTD last night, I'm guessing there hasn't been the same vitriol over Villa's first goal yesterday?
This narrative being City are cheats and bend the rules.

We cheated by buying top class players with our owner’s money, so that was changed.

We cheated our way into the CL with these players and so FFP was brought in.

We cheated by winning the league by goal difference only and it should have been shared.

We cheated whilst in the CL and so had a ridiculous fine and squad reduction, after the rules had been change again.

We cheated by paying our manager and players with under the table contracts, but still proof has yet to be provided.

Our computer systems were hacked by a crook yet we were the ones put in the dock by UEFA and their cronies, subsequently fined again and an outrageous ban for two years.

We prove our innocence in an independent arbitration and we are accused of cheating the system and the independent judges being paid by us.

We are accused of being unprofessional when we treat lower opposition with respect.

Our players are routinely hacked without anyone batting an eye lid, but if one of ours happens to tackle someone he’s booked.

The latest accusations are that we don’t ‘play in the spirit of the game’. Even though our players, mostly, act as model professionals, treat the opposition with respect and rarely get involved in on field argy-bargy.

Furthermore we are, without a shadow of a doubt, reffed differently to virtually every other team on the planet. Penalties given for accidental handball, offside only applying to us, perfectly good goals disallowed, opposition players not red carded etc etc.

We are made out to be the villan as our owner tries to keep his head above the real cheats in the game.

That’s fair enough. As long as you accept it’s not a massive leap to think it’s the case. On the PGMOL front neither you or I can say one or another with any certainty. I’d like to believe it isn’t the case but financially it is in the Premier League brands interest to ensure LiVARpool and the Scum‘s global army of keyboard warriors and mail order customers are kept happy.

Indeed we cant. So until its proven otherwise I think its only fair to presume its ‘relatively’ honest and if there was a ‘dodgy ref’ its still another big jump to then determine he was working against City and fixing matches.

Interestingly I listened to an interview with the Barnsley chairman, who highlighted that although France gets a bad press he saw more evidence of corruption at chairman level within the Uk. So it is going on, but unsure of the nature of what path it takes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.