Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed we cant. So until its proven otherwise I think its only fair to presume its honest and if there was a ‘dodgy ref’ its still another big jump to then determine he was working against City and fixing matches.
Personally I don’t think there is a dodgy ref working against City, that’s far too parochial.
The whole of PiGMOB are bent , working with crooked agents in fixing games across the whole of the Premier League in order to make a killing on Far East betting markets.

Neville G
Neville P
Owen
Keane
Scholes
Ferdinand
Hargreaves
Dublin
Giggs
Evra

Souness
Spitty
Mcmanaman
Murphy
Lawrenson
Rednapp
Warnock
Crouch
Thompson
Owen

Who did I miss?

The arrogant **** , "If you haven't played the game your opinion doesn't count",

Houghton..

This narrative being City are cheats and bend the rules.

We cheated by buying top class players with our owner’s money, so that was changed.

We cheated our way into the CL with these players and so FFP was brought in.

We cheated by winning the league by goal difference only and it should have been shared.

We cheated whilst in the CL and so had a ridiculous fine and squad reduction, after the rules had been change again.

We cheated by paying our manager and players with under the table contracts, but still proof has yet to be provided.

Our computer systems were hacked by a crook yet we were the ones put in the dock by UEFA and their cronies, subsequently fined again and an outrageous ban for two years.

We prove our innocence in an independent arbitration and we are accused of cheating the system and the independent judges being paid by us.

We are accused of being unprofessional when we treat lower opposition with respect.

Our players are routinely hacked without anyone batting an eye lid, but if one of ours happens to tackle someone he’s booked.

The latest accusations are that we don’t ‘play in the spirit of the game’. Even though our players, mostly, act as model professionals, treat the opposition with respect and rarely get involved in on field argy-bargy.

Furthermore we are, without a shadow of a doubt, reffed differently to virtually every other team on the planet. Penalties given for accidental handball, offside only applying to us, perfectly good goals disallowed, opposition players not red carded etc etc.

We are made out to be the villan as our owner tries to keep his head above the real cheats in the game.
And I meant to add that we, the fans, are rats, ignorant of human rights and weaponised to defend the owner. The media are scum.

Well I did ask first. BT and Sky promote whatever they judge to be in their own commercial best interests. Scudamore does whatever his employers want. For instance, BTs commentary improved remarkably after City fans terminated their contracts in their droves, for instance. It seems to be sliding again as the Villa game showed.

So I ask again. How do you define the agenda that you say does not exist? I looked at your earlier post and couldn’t find it. Would you mind re-posting please?

Hi Chris, Its a tough one to answer without examples.

I don't think organisations like Sky/BT/ BBC etc are colluding to give us poor coverage or similarly different newspaper organisations, with different owners, are colluding either. It would be less of a stretch to believe that one newspaper, as an example, has a political standpoint, and this is then reflected in its reporting of City. But as yet not seen evidence to support that.

Personally I don’t think there is a dodgy ref working against City, that’s far too parochial.
The whole of PiGMOB are bent , working with crooked agents in fixing games across the whole of the Premier League in order to make a killing on Far East betting markets.

Again that would not shock me so much.

If there was a betting market for bookings and a ref was complicit in ensuring that happened in a certain timeframe I would not be surprised by that level of ‘soft’ corruption and a Fernandinho, Kante etc were victims of this.
Hope you and your family are ok Steve.

Hi Chris, Its a tough one to answer without examples.

I don't think organisations like Sky/BT/ BBC etc are colluding to give us poor coverage or similarly different newspaper organisations, with different owners, are colluding either. It would be less of a stretch to believe that one newspaper, as an example, has a political standpoint, and this is then reflected in its reporting of City. But as yet not seen evidence to support that.

Colluding as between themselves or colluding with third parties?

Here’s an example. When was the last time you heard any commentator on any platform use the phrase ‘tactical foul’ in relation to any team other than City? Four years ago that phrase didn’t exist. Now it’s part of the vocabulary, but only ever used about City.

How did that state of affairs come into being? Did they all independently make the decision to use that phrase exclusively in relation to us at about the same time? Did one of them first use it about us and the others thought ‘hmm, that’s a nice phrase, I’ll use that too but I think I’ll only use it about City?’

Or do you think it’s more likely that behind the scenes those with close associations with certain teams in red have worked hard the perpetuate the myth throughout that we are the only team to use fouls to stop counter attacks?

And would you deny that ‘collusion’ is a fair description of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.