Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to that vaccine calculator I should get mine in about 2 weeks. The same 2 weeks the NW supply is being diverted elsewhere (presumably London as they have not had enough there according to BBC news). And since NW is doing too well and so ahead in their programme so can afford to have our supply sent elsewhere.

I doubt it is sensitive enough to be much more than creating guesstimates based on raw numbers ahead in a queue as it will take no account of major regional differences like these.

But I will be more than happy if it proves correct. I on the other hand will be surprised to see a needle this side of March.
I'm in my early 30's and mine has gone from August 3 weeks ago to May on current vaccination numbers. The CEO of AZ probably has it right that by late March we should have around half of the population vaccinated.

The thing is though it's difficult vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable because many of these people reside in care homes and they can't travel etc. So really the numbers they've achieved so far is incredible when you consider that.

In later phases younger people are far more mobile and will be able to drive or get transport to vaccination centres and this will rapidly increase rates. Personally if I was the government I'd be making public transport free, or at least hospital car parking free for anyone attending a vaccination appointment.

If rather sit with restrictions until June knowing than once they start being lifted, all being well, it would be the last time.

I'm absolutely hating living like this, shut away on my own in my house, but rather that for longer than have to go back I to lockdown a few mo ths down the road.
Indeed I posted a few days ago rather than going upstairs pissed, three up & two down just wait until we're 'sober' and get to the top in one go.

That being said there's two of us and apart from being a bit board & Mrs Moon's part-time job not happening until public events kick off again we've no major money issues and have adapted to how we now live.

Criteria for easing lockdown to be published next month. This is good news. Like everybody else, I'm happy to keep locked down for the next 3 or 4 months if necessary, but it's important to give people a target where they can see what we are aiming for.

Hopefully it'll be something like "When hospital occupancy for COVID patients is below 10,000 for three straight weeks, and case numbers are below 5000 for three straight weeks etc." This sort of statement would put a stop to all those "when can we ease restrictions" questions we get from the press everyday. Stick a numerical target down and paper and tell people to focus on helping get the country there.

Why are we reliant on a handful of manufacturing plants?
Because there isn't much call for a Vaccine Manufacturing plant for use outsude a pandemic.

One of the few things we have done correctly prior to the pandemic was to identify the need for such a plant and in 2018. It is being built in Oxford, but it won't be fully ready till autumn though some vaccine will start to be manufactured on the summer.

Last edited:
Had a NHS message to donate plasma.
I know a few on here have done so but what’s the process involve?

Does plasma still offer antibodies protection or s it still being debated?

Is that the Omni one, mate ? Is there a better one that gives discounts for Blues ?

Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK (omnicalculator.com)

Gives me week commencing 9th March, depending on vaccine availability. Excellent.
If you select yes to the unpaid carer option the date comes down a fair bit.

How does that work? If you're an unpaid carer nobody knows you are doing it so how can the timeframe shorten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.