Retiring abroad

have been thinking seriously about southern Spain for a while now - planning to retire this summer

Brexit aside the inheritance laws in Spain are something else and after speaking to a lawyer our original plan to buy a place has gone out the window

was able to get an Irish Passport - could see it would be useful for residency etc and obviously that makes things a lot easier so looking at renting maybe for a year from this September whilst keeping our place in U.K - figure that would give me a real feel as to whether its for me or not - as others have said its not like being on holiday
I can actually get an Irish passport on my grandmas side how easy was it, just been thinking for travel etc it might make things easier, how would it work if I have one could my family get one as well?

Thanks for that mate will certainly have a look
As for Benidorm - understand that people love it but not for me I'm afraid - I know what I want unfortunately for me what I want and what I can afford are 2 different things
As it wasn't for us. We had an afternoon there just to have a look. El Campello and Benidorm are like chalk and cheese. Nice beach and restaurants along the promenade but for us the clincher was the easy access into Alicante which is mainly overlooked by the tourists but is a great city in itself.

I can actually get an Irish passport on my grandmas side how easy was it, just been thinking for travel etc it might make things easier, how would it work if I have one could my family get one as well?
was just like getting a British one - qualified through relative don't know if it can be extended for whole family though

As it wasn't for us. We had an afternoon there just to have a look. El Campello and Benidorm are like chalk and cheese. Nice beach and restaurants along the promenade but for us the clincher was the easy access into Alicante which is mainly overlooked by the tourists but is a great city in itself.
Santa Pola other side of Alicante not Benidorm side,we go 3 times a year our sort of place nice beeches plus not many tourists,always stay at the Gran Playa hotel plus nice little town with everything you need.

El Campello is a lovely place, a nice beachfront, we stay at a place called La Marina further down but we hire a car and just drive about looking for nice places lol found El Campello last year, some interesting Roman ruins to visit if I remember rightly.

Santa Pola other side of Alicante not Benidorm side,we go 3 times a year our sort of place nice beeches plus not many tourists,always stay at the Gran Playa hotel plus nice little town with everything you need.
We used to pop down to SP for a change, around 40 minutes from Campello.

Yes they won’t be the only ones. It’s sad. That’s all anyone can do now, rent. Even then, as a non-EU citizen you can only stay a maximum of three months in any six month window including travel. So once you’ve done your three months you’re stuck back in the UK for another three months with no room for a weekend away in France or whatever. Brexit is the biggest pile of shite we have ever been duped into voting for - not that I did mind you.
Of course. Brexit voters should have put a few thousand self-interested expat property buyers and long stay vacationers above petty considerations like trade, unfettered immigration and sovereignty. How stupid of us.

Of course. Brexit voters should have put a few thousand self-interested expat property buyers and long stay vacationers above petty considerations like trade, unfettered immigration and sovereignty. How stupid of us.
Haha. The irony of a Brexiteer calling Europhiles ‘self-interested’! Lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.