Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

Thanks @BlueMoonRisin' for the link.

Birthday coming up so I thought I’d treat myself to a decent razor....not too expensive but around the £30 mark.

Think this was mentioned on this thread - good shout? The Japanese razor also mentioned (forget the brand...) looks great but bit pricey atm...

Merkur 23C Long Handle Safety Razor - No Blades Included

And a decent brush (badger hair) for around a tenner?
I’ve found some nice cedar wood cream & a bowl....

thanks!

I'm back on Gillette blades pal. Tried using the safety Razor,(can't remember make) Used it a few times with a couple of types of different blades(Feather, and another make) ended up with some nasty nicks. And that was using Taylor sandlewood shaving balm and badger bristle brush.

Good quality kit I just couldn't get used to, I'm not skillful enough I think.

Thanks @BlueMoonRisin' for the link.

Birthday coming up so I thought I’d treat myself to a decent razor....not too expensive but around the £30 mark.

Think this was mentioned on this thread - good shout? The Japanese razor also mentioned (forget the brand...) looks great but bit pricey atm...

Merkur 23C Long Handle Safety Razor - No Blades Included

And a decent brush (badger hair) for around a tenner?
I’ve found some nice cedar wood cream & a bowl....

thanks!

I bought an Edwin Jaeger safety razor for wholesale price at a trade exhibition last year. It came with soap samples as well as the feather blades
I looked online and found a compsny that does a trial pack of blades and am working my way through them to see which brand suits my skin

20210202_233152.jpg

I bought an Edwin Jaeger safety razor for wholesale price at a trade exhibition last year. It came with soap samples as well as the feather blades
I looked online and found a compsny that does a trial pack of blades and am working my way through them to see which brand suits my skin

View attachment 9493
Let me know if you like the Astra blades.. I’ve got a shit load of them as I prefer the Feather blades myself..

Let me know if you like the Astra blades.. I’ve got a shit load of them as I prefer the Feather blades myself..
I've only tried Feather (as that's what came with the razor) Derby and the Treet so far
Considering Derby is the cheap brand, they were pretty good.
The Treet are rubbish. They last about four shaves
I'll give the Astra a go next

I'm back on Gillette blades pal. Tried using the safety Razor,(can't remember make) Used it a few times with a couple of types of different blades(Feather, and another make) ended up with some nasty nicks. And that was using Taylor sandlewood shaving balm and badger bristle brush.

Good quality kit I just couldn't get used to, I'm not skillful enough I think.
Crikey....was thinking about one’s knackers too...

Interesting...

I've only tried Feather (as that's what came with the razor) Derby and the Treet so far
Considering Derby is the cheap brand, they were pretty good.
The Treet are rubbish. They last about four shaves
I'll give the Astra a go next
Do these blades fit the one I linked to on Amazon?
Best to try single blades?

View attachment 9493
Thanks mate - let me know about the results - maybe where you got the trials from?

I don’t shave a great deal tbf (trimmed beard for at least 15 years) so more for the neck & cheeks (& aforementioned knackers...but may look into waxing post pandemic...).
Probably after the theatre of it...the nice smell & routine tbf.

Right, this isn't the brexit thread so you and I really need to get our shit together now and start disagreeing.

That said, this is the best advice. A decent single blade (feather from Japan are excellent, as are Derby blades), good quality shave soap (Taylor's of Old Bond Street is superb, Proraso menthol - available online - is also very decent) and a decent boar or badger hair brush is the best shave you can have.

Shave 3 times. With the grain, across the grain, and against the grain them finish off with a good quality post shave Balm or cream. Proraso again do a brilliant "Barber shop pre/post shave cream" which immediately calms down your skin.

I now only use multi blades for speed when I'm late for work .
Brilliant....especially the balm tip.
Think I’ll try the Merkur & Derby blades with a decent brush & Taylors Cedar Wood soap....

Do these blades fit the one I linked to on Amazon?
Best to try single blades?
I believe so. Here's the link and this company sell your razor which is supplied with a feather double edged blade
I contacted them on email and they were very quick to respond. Drop them a message to check

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.