Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

You’ll be amazed how effortless it is even with a few days growth , shaving became an experience for me and not a chore..

I typically go with 3 passes which really doesn’t take long once your get into the routine

My top tip, apply light pressure only and plan blade changes.. a dull or used blade is the most dangerous for nicks believe it or not

Blade use will depend on your growth/thickness.

Bum fluff and a single pass will get you maybe seven shaves out of a blade.

My growth is thick (fnarr fnarr) and im a minimum 2 pass, 4 pass on a night out so will do no more than 2-3 shaves on a blade but they are so cheap its no sweat.

Dogs bollocks mate.

Ive got a Merkur and love it but ive said i will treat myself for xmas to one of these as razors are nice to collect and try.
My lads bought me one of these in a kit with stand and brush etc. which gave me the bug, much harsher than the Feather but really good:

Double Edge Safety Razor - Benny's of London - Special Offer - 5 Free Blades Included - ... ...

Probably costs more to upkeep and maintain that thing than it does to shave!
Not really. Just like washing your hair and trimming it is simple enough.

And never go without beard oil or some other type of beard moisturiser.

After buying the Aldi 5 blade razor I had a shave and my face looked as though I'd shaved with broken glass. I emailed Aldi customer services to complain I wasn't satisfied with their razors with 2 attached photos and they just said to go in my local store for a refund. This was only last year. It's not as though I have soft skin after shaving close to 40 years. Maybe they suit your skin mate but I'll never use them again.

I have shaved with Sainsbury's own brand 6 blade razors and I found them a good shave.

But thanks largely to @blueinsa and @Bluemanc100 I've took advice on opting to buy a quality single blade razor and separate Feather and Derby blades. I'll probably take a few nicks and cuts till I master the art but going backwards from expensive rip off Gillette cartridges to a quality single blade razor seems a logical way forward.

I didn’t like the previous iteration of the Aldi 5 blade razor but the new version is fine for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.