Gillette Proglide blades v wetshave razors..

I have been using a straight razor for a few years now and sometimes use a Gillette Mach 3. Don't like using the mach 3 because of the price of the blades. Not used a safety razor since I was a lad; can't remember if they are 'good' or not. What are users views please? Thanks.

I believe so. Here's the link and this company sell your razor which is supplied with a feather double edged blade
I contacted them on email and they were very quick to respond. Drop them a message to check

Good store,
The Merkur 34c (HD) comes up a lot...might be a slightly better model than the 23c I linked to.
Price is about right too.

thanks fir the link.

I use a cheap razor holder 1.30 euro and cheap double sided blades 10 for 2 euro Bic or Personna.
Simple assembly with the screw in metal handle eventually failing after about 9 months daily disassembly.
Important to tighten with blade symmetrical at exposed edges so that blades last about a week and smooth as I've ever achieved with any other much more expensive kit.

I thought you weren't allowed 2 accounts on BM?
How has Worsley managed to do this and am I the only one to spot it.

Last edited:
*** Cheapskate alert ***

I settle for a pack of 12 cheap double-bladed disposables, I dislike shaving but dislike a beard even more so I compromise and only shave every 2 or 3 days so the pack lasts 6 months easily and does the job.

Not sure my Feather AS-D2 razor was cost effective but i’d seriously recommend one if a safety razor is for you... the quality is amazing... it’s Japanese after all and they know how to make blades and engineer stuff
£170!??

What pushes the cost up from those £35 Merkur’s to £170?

£170!??

What pushes the cost up from those £35 Merkur’s to £170?
They are a work of art in terms of the design and the finish... I have gone back to the Benny's razor my lads got me a few years ago as I don't shave on a daily basis any longer and the Feather is a little too mild for a few days growth...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.