How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

Now it's watching it on TV I find I switch channels,turn the sound down, put the match thread on and walk around. I go back and check the match thread. If it's jumped significantly I know something's happened. I fearfully open the latest thread and if we've scored quickly switch back to the game. I can't relax until we are 3-0 up even with our improved defence. Too scarred from the old days I guess lol.

Lots of little rituals for me - on matchday I always put on blue underwear, wear a "21 Silva" top under a normal shirt, sit in my "lucky beanbag", etc.

Then I have lots of in-game rituals that I won't bore you with.

All superstitious claptrap of course, but I'm scared if I change anything then City will collapse and get hammered, UEFA will ban us, Sheikh Mansour will leave, and we'll be relegated. It's just not worth the risk.

We FOCs in CBL3 323 tend to hold our breath from kick-off, and don't exhale until we are four ahead and it's at least the 87th minute. Still plenty of time for the opposition to knock in five but it hasn't happened yet! Four, yes, three many times, two on loads of occasions, and one innumerable time, but never five.
A great description of what it's like to be a blue

Depends on the big game.
if it were Bayern Munich in the UCL final, I’d probably shit the bed and do everything but watch the tele.

Usually though, I like to let off steam before. Go for a run, do some boxing or hit the gym. I don’t bother watching all the pre match bollocks, with a bunch of rags and dippers wanking each other off. I try and time it so I perch my ass down, crack open a cold one just in time for kick off.

Only nervous at kick off I don’t don’t register the game until then, always wear my City top now and unless we get 2 up I can’t relax. Even the control we have these days dodgy VAR etc won’t let me relax, wife complains im shouting too much, her and daughter a relegated upstairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.