How do you cope with nerves during a big game at home

Annoyingly I’ve become tee-total during our games since this run started and am now superstitious as fuck about it.

I thought it would be safe to change this for the Cheltenham game and cracked open a bottle of cider. We were 1 down when I realised it might be my fault. I finished it pronto and hid it out of sight and the comeback duly followed.

As this run has gone on my nerves have got better, mainly due to our performance levels going up and up but also due to the teams in red shitting their pants with increasing regularity.

I’ll have nerves Sunday though and no beers.
I'll drink for both of us on Sunday. Hope to be rockin' by 2 ish.

I'm alright when we're attacking but if the dippers start to attack us, i screw my eyes up so I cant see the telly properly and turn the sound off.
Then open my eyes again when were on the ball.
I know I'm a fucking wuss, but hey ho.
By the way I'm starting to brick it already

3 cans a half before I stopped drinking, the problem was the other 15 or so spread out before and after the game lol

I've never 'suffered' from pre-match nerves in all the years I've followed City - It's out of my control so I don't worry about it.

I approach every match exactly the same way... I expect City to win, and at the end of the game I'm either pleased or disappointed.

The only thing I'll be 'worried' about on Sunday is waking up in time for the match.

City to win 2-0, no sweat.

Strangely, although I usually have a good load of beer on board when I'm at a match, the opposite applies when watching City at home on telly. It's a superstition. At most I may have a beer at HT if we're coasting, but nothing else until FT. Also, I never move from one settee to the other. That would be sure-fire bad luck & all my fault if we lost!

Annoyingly I’ve become tee-total during our games since this run started and am now superstitious as fuck about it.

I thought it would be safe to change this for the Cheltenham game and cracked open a bottle of cider. We were 1 down when I realised it might be my fault. I finished it pronto and hid it out of sight and the comeback duly followed.

As this run has gone on my nerves have got better, mainly due to our performance levels going up and up but also due to the teams in red shitting their pants with increasing regularity.

I’ll have nerves Sunday though and no beers.
Save all the beers mate for AFTER the game on Sunday and celebrate the end of Liverfools title challenge!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.