Handforth Parish Council

I think you may have blinked and missed it.

I didn't watch the whole thing (sorry, just not happening) but I did skip ahead just to see if they actually discussed anything Parish related but I must have blinked myself.
I was expecting somebody to appear from under a desk, halfway through with spunk on their chin. Or a muddy dog to come running in and destroy a desk full of stuff.

Did you send that in to The Last Leg programme last night AHT? It was one of the suggestions they received. :-) :-)

Was it? Someone else actually thinks like me? Poor them!

I stopped watching TLL a while back. It got a bit “samey” for me.

With my wife being a vicar, I have seen a few PCC meetings during lockdown. Some are bonkers, most aren’t though.

Wow DD what did we, the older generation, do to you? None of my friends have ever been like that. Personally I detested Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson.
I haven't got any bitter or twisted friends and I definitely do not recognise any one who fits the descriptions you generalise about there. Did you get out of the bed the wrong side of the bed this morning, sunshine? :-)

Honestly, maybe it's because I have so many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren plus a diverse extended family with quite a few ethnicities spread among us, or just because the generations in my family blend into each other, for example my youngest brother is only 1 year older than my eldest child, but we evolve with the generations and the changes.

I personally paid a percentage of my salary compulsorily when I was working. Money I could have done with at the time as I was a single mother with 4 children and there was no maintenance coming from their father. (Won't even go there, that I could be bitter about but not in my nature.) So I feel that I am entitled to the pension I receive and worked hard for. Sorry.

Lighten up lovely, lighten up. :-) I've always respected you as a contributor on here and am astonished at your vitriol here.
Stay safe, take care.
Wow DD what did we, the older generation, do to you? None of my friends have ever been like that. Personally I detested Bernard Manning and Jim Davidson.
I haven't got any bitter or twisted friends and I definitely do not recognise any one who fits the descriptions you generalise about there. Did you get out of the bed the wrong side of the bed this morning, sunshine? :-)

Honestly, maybe it's because I have so many children, grandchildren and great grandchildren plus a diverse extended family with quite a few ethnicities spread among us, or just because the generations in my family blend into each other, for example my youngest brother is only 1 year older than my eldest child, but we evolve with the generations and the changes.

I personally paid a percentage of my salary compulsorily when I was working. Money I could have done with at the time as I was a single mother with 4 children and there was no maintenance coming from their father. (Won't even go there, that I could be bitter about but not in my nature.) So I feel that I am entitled to the pension I receive and worked hard for. Sorry.

Lighten up lovely, lighten up. :-) I've always respected you as a contributor on here and am astonished at your vitriol here.
Stay safe, take care.

Stay safe, take care.
EB, I tried very hard to say that this was only SOME of your generation and not all. Lots of people are daft whatever age they are, but there are stereotypes of each generation which have some truth in them. And that scowling pompous arse at the beginning of that video and his self-important pals just summed up the Gammon stereotype to me.

The percentage of idiots doesn’t change from decade to decade. They just live in different worlds which shape their world view.

but it's ok for you to be stereotypical, rude and patronising about them? Funny how these things only seem to work one way these days.
Yes it is. It’s absolutely fine. And it certainly doesn’t work one way as you showed:

“You can’t say anything without someone being offended these days!”.

“Kids today don’t know they are born with their playstions and their phones”

blah blah fucking blah. They never stop whingeing about both my generation and my kids’.

These pricks got the last word before they cork it anyway by cutting off everyone else’s freedom of movement and education and knobbling the economy. A bit of stereotyping and bitching isn’t going to hurt them.

Yes it is. It’s absolutely fine. And it certainly doesn’t work one way as you showed:

“You can’t say anything without someone being offended these days!”.

“Kids today don’t know they are born with their playstions and their phones”

blah blah fucking blah. They never stop whingeing about both my generation and my kids’.

These pricks got the last word before they cork it anyway by cutting off everyone else’s freedom of movement and education and knobbling the economy. A bit of stereotyping and bitching isn’t going to hurt them.

free-for-all then. Great. "Paddy walked into a bar..."

I’m not going to cast dispersions on a whole generation, because people are people whatever their age, but the “boomer” generation bred a lot of this type of person. Gammon is the term often used. They grew up in a booming post-war economy and were put on final salary pensions. They had the NHS on tap. They rode the property price explosions and are all now retired in dull, detached estate houses on avenues where they read their Daily Mail every day and get angrier and angrier at the younger generations who won’t allow them to call a paki a paki or a paddy a paddy. They can’t understand why the media is full of talentless queers and they reminisce bitter sweetly about a time when the summers were hot, the women stayed at home, you could leave your doors open and everybody was white, straight and wore pants and shirts in primary colours.

There’s no fool like an old fool and their arrogance and prejudice was baked into them in the 60s and 70s when the whole family sat around on a Saturday night to watch Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson after their meat and two veg and before they went off alone to tell dirty jokes with the other regulars down The Shepherds.
At least Boomers can use the Queen’s English correctly.
It’s aspersions not dispersions you semi literate snowflake.

Stay safe, take care.
It’s either a Clarke or he’s a ****.
I haven’t decided yet.

I’m not going to cast dispersions on a whole generation, because people are people whatever their age, but the “boomer” generation bred a lot of this type of person. Gammon is the term often used. They grew up in a booming post-war economy and were put on final salary pensions. They had the NHS on tap. They rode the property price explosions and are all now retired in dull, detached estate houses on avenues where they read their Daily Mail every day and get angrier and angrier at the younger generations who won’t allow them to call a paki a paki or a paddy a paddy. They can’t understand why the media is full of talentless queers and they reminisce bitter sweetly about a time when the summers were hot, the women stayed at home, you could leave your doors open and everybody was white, straight and wore pants and shirts in primary colours.

There’s no fool like an old fool and their arrogance and prejudice was baked into them in the 60s and 70s when the whole family sat around on a Saturday night to watch Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson after their meat and two veg and before they went off alone to tell dirty jokes with the other regulars down The Shepherds.
You've blanked again havent you ;-)

Anyone who thinks these self-obsessed, self important wankers have no influence on the planning process is simply wrong. These very idiots campaigned long and hard about an application we recently won at appeal at great cost to the council. They are voted in by the nimbys they represent and fight against the change that neighbours invariably detest.
We worked long and hard with the professionals employed by the council to ensure recommendations to grant consent. These idiots were wheeled out at the main planning committee ranting and raging about greedy developers, blah, blah, blah. We had one, three minute slot to speak to committee. They had one objector for three minutes and three local councillors who get five minutes each. Main planning committee is made up of other local councillors and clearly there's a buddy pressure from local level up the tree.
Unfortunately a white paper has been published suggesting more planning power should be given to these local buffoons. Be scared...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.