Handforth Parish Council

I’m not going to cast dispersions on a whole generation, because people are people whatever their age, but the “boomer” generation bred a lot of this type of person. Gammon is the term often used. They grew up in a booming post-war economy and were put on final salary pensions. They had the NHS on tap. They rode the property price explosions and are all now retired in dull, detached estate houses on avenues where they read their Daily Mail every day and get angrier and angrier at the younger generations who won’t allow them to call a paki a paki or a paddy a paddy. They can’t understand why the media is full of talentless queers and they reminisce bitter sweetly about a time when the summers were hot, the women stayed at home, you could leave your doors open and everybody was white, straight and wore pants and shirts in primary colours.

There’s no fool like an old fool and their arrogance and prejudice was baked into them in the 60s and 70s when the whole family sat around on a Saturday night to watch Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson after their meat and two veg and before they went off alone to tell dirty jokes with the other regulars down The Shepherds.
Awesome post. Deserves a bigger audience.

I haven’t decided yet.
I suspect it’s a Clarkie and I’ve been had but hey ho. :-)
I hadn't realised that I'm a Boomer(I had to look it up). The cut off date is 1965, apparently. Anyway, I'd just like to say that I'm deeply sorry and I'll try not to do it again.
Ohhh I’ve looked it up as well now and realised that I’m actually one of the Silent Generation (born 1941) which means I’d better button my lip!! :-)

At least Boomers can use the Queen’s English correctly.
It’s aspersions not dispersions you semi literate snowflake.
I changed it straight away actually but all you gammons had obviously banged the reply key and were furiously typing your ripostes with steam coming out of your pink ears.

And there are no less than three grammar mistakes in your post, you daft old hypocrite. Study your Daily Mail a bit harder next time.

I changed it straight away actually but all you gammons had obviously banged the reply key and were furiously typing your ripostes with steam coming out of your pink ears.

And there are no less than three grammar mistakes in your post, you daft old hypocrite. Study your Daily Mail a bit harder next time.
alright, you woke womble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.