Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Extra tidbit to add to my prev post. For convenience's sake, I'll copy the Youtube comment's translation;

Translation:
Jürgen Klopp has had enough, that’s how it is- he just can‘t win a game when this journalist is around.

0.25s:
Jürgen: "Oh no f** off! An interview with you feels like tooth ache... You have to come here or what??? And why do you always laugh so silly when you see me? Have I ever won a single point when you were there?? Seuchenvogel!!! (I can’t translate that ) There are 50 people working at SWR (Channel). And they send you?!"

Journalist: "But it’s not my fault..."

Jürgen: "Yes, and therefore- no interview."

The poor journalist didn't do anything wrong. He just happens to be there when Klopp‘s team has a bad day. And because Klopp is quite superstitious, he calls the poor guy responsible. And created a hilarious new word: "Seuchenvogel" Which means like: a bird that transmits the plague (in German language you can just put words together and they make a totally new meaning)

They’ve had Kuntz for ages.

I believe that Pep will stay longer.
Why?
Well, first of all I don't think that he will want any subsequent manager to reap the benefit of his work.
He clearly is happy at City and enjoying manipulating the press.
Finally he 'gets' us!
I agree, he is comfortable in Manchester, he loves his bosses, he loves his players, he has transitioned out Joe, Zab, Vinnie, Yaya, Dave and will have plans for Fern and Serg, so he has basically started to build a new team, and he seems far from bored. I think he will have enjoyed seeing off Jurgen the German and sending him to the madhouse, and I reckon he just accepts and laughs at our daft media. And yes I think he gets us, even when we aren’t really there

Last edited:
"Honour" is a girl's name nowadays, nothing more.

The football authorities should crack down hard on diving, but they won't. The present set-up enables penalties to be given to favoured teams, while denying them to the rest. A hard line on diving would stop that little racket.

I agree, he is comfortable in Manchester, he lives his bosses, he loves his players, he has transitioned out Joe, Zab, Vinnie, Yaya, Dave and will have plans for Fern and Serg, so he has basically started to build a new team, and he seems far from bored. I think he will have enjoyed seeing off Jurgen the German and sending him to the madhouse, and I reckon he just accepts and laughs at our daft media. And yes I think he gets us, even when we aren’t really there
Think it was ESPN making excuses for Klopp losing his rag on Sunday, saying he keeps getting asked daft questions. The same people never gave Pep the same leeway when journos threw personal stuff at him that would get them chinned in any workplace or boozer.

One thing we can take away from Sunday, apart from being top of the league of course. The ability to now go into pressure cooker games and dictate play, Liverpool wanted to start off flying but City simply didn’t let them. The pace of the passing and the game went down to walking pace, not what they wanted when they play pinball machine football round the edge of the box from those long passes.

Apart from maybe that effort from Jones which Stones got in front of to send round the post, I can’t remember any heart in mouth moments apart from Salah hitting the floor.

Hopefully this new system of being solid and not giving anything away at the back, coupled with dominating possession will pay dividends when the knock out stages of the champions league start up again.
Spot-on and it was hilarious that the commentary team (Neville, Carragher, and Tyler) did not even understand what they were watching. They kept saying City have to speed it up. Our tactic was to slow down and strangle Liverpool in that opening period. I thought we were brilliant and if Gundo's penalty had gone in it would have been the perfect first half.
We toyed with them and then ripped them to pieces in the second half. The longer Liverpool FC think they gifted us the points the better for us. Their delusion works in our favour.

Spot-on and it was hilarious that the commentary team (Neville, Carragher, and Tyler) did not even understand what they were watching. They kept saying City have to speed it up. Our tactic was to slow down and strangle Liverpool in that opening period. I thought we were brilliant and if Gundo's penalty had gone in it would have been the perfect first half.
We toyed with them and then ripped them to pieces in the second half. The longer Liverpool FC think they gifted us the points the better for us. Their delusion works in our favour.

We did this back in the 0-0 in the 2018-19 season. Stifle them, don’t vacate space, don’t let them get up a head of steam where Mane and Salah can come off the flanks and attack our full backs. It wasn’t pretty and would have worked if Mahrez would have stuck the penalty away. We seemed to abandon that approach last season and got mauled for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.