#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the crticisim a bit weird even within the match, had he not scored that worldie, it would still have been a good performance. Sure he was helped by Bernardo, whereas the Foden - Sterling partnership lacked that edge, but still. Also, not soure about those comments that he will be gone in six months etc. Where? Now if he wants to proper leave that becomes a different issue altogether, but if he is fine with his role then it's not exactly the worst player to rely on as the 'first sub' for our front three.

But of course for sentimental reasons I'd still rather keep Aguero if it has to be one or the other. :)

Fantastic goal last night, and he put in a good shift too, the talent is obviously their it's just a shame we don't see it more often.

No doubt he played well last night and the goal capped his performance off nicely. This is coming from someone who has never been fond of him after the way he tried to engineer a move from Leicester in the previous window.

Despite that I wouldn’t mind Andy Morrison sharing some of the drugs he’s currently taking if he things Mahrez is the best player at the club in a 1 v 1 position!!

There's a ton of Mahrez hate within Bluemoon - I've never shared this sentiment. Mahrez is a capable right winger and can break down a set defense. Sometimes he dwells on the ball too much; sometimes he's a bit lazy on defense. All said, I prefer lineups that start Mahrez as RW - B. Silva isn't as good at RW and plays better more central for me; Torres is a developing player - and is frequently good; but, IMO, not as good as Mahrez on the right at this stage of his career.

Mendy at least looks like some of his crosses might connect. You know how Navas used to get pelters because most of his crosses hit the ankles of the nearest defender? Replace 'crosses' with 'shots' and you've got Mahrez this season. Where the ability he showed last year has gone is beyond me.
I think Mendy's game could improve immensely if he was became more spatially aware of what he's crossing to: ie maybe look up more and also moderate the strength of the cross, a big big strapping lad who's thighs know no bounds. Popping out for an odd FA cup round won't eschew his confidence but with Zinnie on form and the ability to switch Cancello at will, may be difficult for him to claw back. Actually prefer the pairing of walker and cancello but zinnies a great asset to have.

Very pleased with the commentary last night especially with Mahrez strike and oh my days and nights! Very pleased for ffs? to get man of the match, but personally would have given it to Berni for his work rate and goal. Head down, a touch inside and exquisitely executed, far too powerful for Mr Pickford. That's all I want to say for now except onwards and upwards and it's all all good.

Played well last night and had a big impact on the game. No one ever doubts the technical side of his game, it is the lack of application and sometimes lazyness which annoys fans on. However, he put in a shift and scored a wonderful goal, more please Riyad.

Technically superb, not seen many with a better first touch. Still times where he was frustrating but he was involved in all 3 goals so credit due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.