What footballing legends do you feel are overrated?

Drogba, scored some big goals for Chelsea and was brilliant on his day. But he's not even a 1 in 2 striker. His record is on par with Yakubu, Darren Bent and Adebayor. Yet people bung him in the best strikers to play in the league list.

Giggs, average winger that played for a long time and not enough is made of how much of a **** he is.

Eden Hazard - his dribbling ability and penalties masked his poor end product

Vidic - He was an average defender, he was just good in the air and was sandwiched between two better defenders. He went to ground easier than Otamendi and turned into Phil Jones if you played a ball over the top of him. Remember Gerrard saying they targeted him whenever they played. Why would you target this leagues "best ever CB"?

Scholes - If he was so good he'd have played in the middle for England and not stuck out on the left, then threw his toys out of the pram and retired rather than fight for a cm place.

David Seaman...Good goalie but not great.
He cost Arsenal and England quite a lot of important games and that so called effort in trying to save the shot by the family wrecker was terrible.
Arched his back and no effort to save the ####### thing from an easy angle.

Totally agree about Seaman. Good goalkeeper, but no where near in the same class as Schmeichel. Both came to City at roughly the same age, Schmeichel was still consistent then, but Seaman was pretty terrible. When he went off against Portsmouth, supposedly injured, I don't believe he was genuinely injured, but realised he couldn't do it any longer at that level. We improved massively when David James arrived in January.

Cantona, I agree was overrated. He never did it international level, or in the Champions League, gave the ball away too much. Personally I think Bergkamp was underrated.

John Barnes

Beckham I am not sure about, he couldnt head, tackle, dribble, go passed his marker. A good dead ball and crosser ! Won the league in 5 different countries ?. That puts him ahead of family man for me as he only played for the scum. And that bloody goal he scored against arsenal when he cam on as sub and arsenal were knackered. It really wasnt that greater goal not matter how much the press/media big it up.

After watching tonight's match, Gareth Bale. Nit sure if he can be classed as a legend but getting paid £600000 a week for doing fuck all is a legend in some people's eyes. GBIAC

Not trawling through 14 pages, so apologies if mentioned before.

Certainly no legend, but overrated for sure,

KASPAR Schmichel (sp)

Flinging your legs in the air, a la Lenny Everett's Cupid Stunt, every time you make a regulation save, doesn't make you a great keeper. But it does if Sky are commentating, so they can shoehorn his dad into the conversation

Beckham
Roberto Carlos
Vidic
Raul
Drogba
Pogba
Kaka
Rooney

Overated but not legends

Carragher
Gary Nevile
Jar Jar Ferdinand
Waddle
Ince
Henderson
Kane
Lineker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.