Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet the kids are going back? Scandalous. Truth is people have already been meeting other households outside and lots of non-essential trips being made. Otherwise numbers wouldn’t be going up. Roll on 2022

Absolutely. Outside I see loads of kids and teenagers from different households mixing. Also adult visiting other households, some of my neighbours staying there hours. I'm not spying honest lol, I know this because if I look through the window if I go upstairs to the toilet their cars are still there.

So the lockdown has been over for a lot of people within the realms of what they can do but shouldn't be doing. Better weather would increase mixing, rules or not. I actually think there would have been a lot of civil disorder in the summer if restrictions weren't eased.

These are now being done. I had mine yesterday.
Get you NHS number and ring the local NHS vaccine booking line. When the line asks if you arein the criteria that is being done now, over 65 and whoever else press the button on the phone for that . When you get through, tell them you are the sole carer and you should get an appointment.
Tell them Nicola Sturgeon announced today in her briefing that they ARE vaccinating unpaid carers. Which she did.

I think the main driver for the worry within SAGE is many millions won't be vaccinated pre June and, chiefly, around ten million won't be vaccinated full stop, that's still a lot of covid.

In reality, the roadmap looks tricky when you consider this number.

Where is that coming from though I don’t get it. Are they implying the vaccines won’t work?? They’re was still restrictions last summer the same as this summer and there was barely any cases and deaths
The new, more transmissible variants?

Their modelling for this winter ended up being pretty accurate, if not too optimistic if anything.

No reason to think they’ll be wrong with this.

Absolutely. Outside I see loads of kids and teenagers from different households mixing. Also adult visiting other households, some of my neighbours staying there hours. I'm not spying honest lol, I know this because if I look through the window if I go upstairs to the toilet their cars are still there.

So the lockdown has been over for a lot of people within the realms of what they can do but shouldn't be doing. Better weather would increase mixing, rules or not. I actually think there would have been a lot of civil disorder in the summer if restrictions weren't eased.
More than half of my lads class been back for months. I driven by schools in the morning in Timperley and it was hammered with parents dropping their kids off.

Awful.

Can see us being back into lockdown by the end of May.
Why? It clearly states this is ‘if all restrictions are lifted by the start of May’. That’s not the plan, and evidently that’s why it’s not the plan. By the start of May there’s relatively little change to where we are now except schools.

I think the main driver for the worry within SAGE is many millions won't be vaccinated pre June and, chiefly, around ten million won't be vaccinated full stop, that's still a lot of covid.

In reality, the roadmap looks tricky when you consider this number.
Especially as the ones catching it the most now are the ones towards the back of the queue for the vaccine - 20/30 somethings pushing the boundaries out of frustration at months of lockdown and who feel their odds of getting really ill are small.

I do not know how we solve this problem other than dip toes in the water cautiously and hope we do not step on a box jellyfish. As we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.