City_rabin

I hope not. I moved to the Sates 30 years ago to earn a crust and raise my family. Never looked back and accepted that I would have to make the sacrifice of giving up watching my beloved team who I have supported all my life. I would listen to crackly World Service in the hope that there would be a mention of my team. Thank God for the internet and now live games worldwide. My Dad took me when I was two years old to my first game. I was a season ticket holder in the Platt Lane and Kippax, lived in Moss Side, then Cheadle Hulme then San Diego, now Seattle. I always try to attend games when I return and have been fortunate in getting tickets with help from my family and friends. I am up at 3:30am ready to watch the City v West Ham game live as I just can’t sleep through it! So the answer is a big “No”, you don’t have to live in Manchester to be a Blue and in some cases, I would argue that those that live outside of Manchester are actually bigger Blues than some of those who live there. Thanks for posing the question.
I was born in 1965 in Ashton GMR
been Blue since then and my first game with me Dad and Grandad either 1967 or 68

i got married late at 41 and became a dad at 42 in 2007

If i get my way financially ,I'll be leaving the UK in 7 years if i can retire at 63
and move with my Mrs to Thailand leaving my son who is 13 now and had a season card since he was 4

any fucker in the future when I'm over there ( hopefully ) ask me or question my allegiance or loyalty or why I'm Blue
can kiss my blue arse.

As I've said about a million times here -- I fell in love with City BECAUSE of Manchester: the people, the culture, the history, the canals, the music. It certainly wasn't because of the quality of the football in the early 2000s!

The canals are very understated.
The Ashton and Mersey is a thing of beauty

Apart from Soriano they all earned their respect. Don’t know about you pal but the only people I have a problem with are the type of fans who supports us with no regard to the history/ the city just cos we’re good. I don’t mind anyone supporting city, as long as it’s for the right reasons.
Personally I have respect for any blue that supported us pre takeover anywhere around the world.
So any fans who joined from 2008 aren't fans in your eyes? Does that include born & bred Mancs who have the misfortune (in your eyes) of only being 12 or 13 years old?

Yaya went off injured in the first half, mate. ;-)

Don’t worry about Lambo. We all know how it comes across. He’s either a) an arsehole, b) on a wind-up - and winding up fellow Blues equals arsehole in my book, c) pining masochistically for the days when we were utterly wank and we all got the piss taken out of us on a daily basis, which also equals arsehole, or d) all of the above.

I am from Manchester and most of us are not anything like as arseholey, I can promise you.
So you're basically saying @Lambo9320 has 3 arseholes? (is 3 arseholes?)

There was a dog with 6 legs and 2 tails on Sky news this morning, I'll watch out for him on tomorrows website.

So any fans who joined from 2008 aren't fans in your eyes? Does that include born & bred Mancs who have the misfortune (in your eyes) of only being 12 or 13 years old?
So you're basically saying @Lambo9320 has 3 arseholes? (is 3 arseholes?)

There was a dog with 6 legs and 2 tails on Sky news this morning, I'll watch out for him on tomorrows website.
I never said that though did I or was that one my 3 arseholes talking?

I've been a regular user of online City resources since 1996, when I went to work abroad and discovered the original Blue View plus the email-based newsletter MCIVTA. Throughout that period, there's always been a contingent of utter fucking dickheads fixated on showing that they're the biggest Blue, and who think themselves entitled to judge others who don't correspond to their ideals as not being proper fans.

I write too many essays on here as it is, and I could pen another one here about how a minority of local, match-going fans are twats who I'd be happy to see piss off to Stockport County while I'm aware of plenty of sound, recently signed-up foreign fans whom I'm proud to know as fellow Blues. I'll spare you that.

Instead, I'll just suggest that we all remember one simple maxim: it's not where you're from, it's where you're at.
Did you write something, maybe twenty years ago, about City being the last great religion? I remember that distinctly because I printed it out and put it on my notice board. We have moved house a few times and I lost it? Do you still have that post? It was brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.