Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

We're going to get more of this. The whole narrative of oil money allowing a bigger/deeper squad which "must be the reason we're winning". It make them feel better about them and their own team. But its going to get worse deffo

fuck messi wer'e way past having to sign players to attract top players to the club, every top player in the world should now be saying to their agents, get me to city, and as long as they dont take the piss money wise they might have a chance of playing for the best manager in the world

We're going to get more of this. The whole narrative of oil money allowing a bigger/deeper squad which "must be the reason we're winning". It make them feel better about them and their own team. But its going to get worse deffo
I've never understood the negative connotation with oil money, often referred to as 'dirty oil money'. It's an extremely valuable commodity which everyone uses every day. Why do so many opposition fans think it is somehow worse than, say, hedge fund money?

fuck messi wer'e way past having to sign players to attract top players to the club, every top player in the world should now be saying to their agents, get me to city, and as long as they dont take the piss money wise they might have a chance of playing for the best manager in the world

It’s got to that stage now hasn’t it.
If your a top player City is really the only option you should be looking at right now with Pep in charge.
Who the fuck would want to play for Ole really???
The future is ours.

Mmmm salty tears
Fuck em.
tenor.gif

Who was the last elite player we bought at their absolute prime who didn’t improve at city or see their value increase further?

I can only think Tevez and that’s about 12 years ago
We’ve only ever bought three elite players:
Tevez Yaya and de Bruyne...maybe you could argue Mahrez since he’d won POTS (but not for me).

Everyone else was very good, not at a top club, showing potential, and/or young.

And you could knock £10-15m off every transfer fee we’ve ever spent if another club had bought them apart from United and Barça.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.