Sick and Tired of the City Spending Critics

I couldnt give the slightest fuck,the more we upset the better.
I find it annoying that we are the only team, although EFC got a mention today, where attention is constantly drawn to money ahead of the quality of football. Since football began teams have been spending money but it's the snide little digs from cretins like Dan Walker who seem to think there's extra in the BBC pay packet if yer mention 'the money'!

We’ve only ever bought three elite players:
Tevez Yaya and de Bruyne...maybe you could argue Mahrez since he’d won POTS (but not for me).

Everyone else was very good, not at a top club, showing potential, and/or young.

And you could knock £10-15m off every transfer fee we’ve ever spent if another club had bought them apart from United and Barça.

And if you think back at the time we signed them, Yaya was touted as a Barcelona's reserve defensive midfielder and KDB was a Chelsea flop who was going to be outshone by the young Martial signed at the same time by the Rags.

Personally I don't give a fck what they say, we have worked within the stupid restraints they set up, FFP, so what is the problem, we have the best Manager the best Owners who run the club correctly, and we buy well, something the rest cant do, because they haven't got the management team we have throughout our club. They have tried everything to stop us, but they cant so instead they say the things they do, so just laugh, and enjoy the shit they come out with.

They can speak about money all they want but in reality those that have even slightabove average intelligence know that money doesn’t guarantee trophies.

Like Pep said all the big teams spend crazy money.

Real Madrid spent over €300 MILLION two summers ago and the media just ignored it haha. Wiped out of the history books and look at their squad they still need a lot of rebuilding so the money clearly wasn’t spent well enough.

Liverpool won’t spend big this summer and that means they won’t compete for the league next season.

The more relevant statistic is money spent per trophy. This shows if the money was spent wisely or not. I’d wager we’re amongst the best there.

i just love it, the next decade is going to choke the life out of them, even rag cafe was trying to work our when we will get to 15 premiership titles to pass them, all these years from as far back as i remember ive had MUFC stuffed down my throat week in week out and ive been knocked down only to get back up again and now im up for a long time so come and stand with me and enjoy the ride and chuck as much verbal back as we used to have chucked at us, there hurting bad because that little plaything they had called Liverpool and Manchester United was free and they chose it simply because it was a winner and it pacified them like a dummy does to a baby and now its been taken off them, just like a baby when the dummy goes missing what happens ? they tantrum, 'ENJOY'

Last edited:
I'll never understand the criticism over spending money. Just doesn't make any logical sense to me.

Good players = Rare and valuable
Things that are rare and valuable = Expensive

Every good team in the history of football (and any sport, mind) has spent money.

We should have done it the right way like the scousers, bring all the kids in from a pool of local academy talent and buy players in key positions for peanuts, plucky bastards did it the right way.

Richard Keys has commented that Pep should have been sacked for spending £500m on defenders (which is actually £400m less the £50m we have recieved in transfer fees net spend £350m) , as far as i can remember Pep inherited an ageing defence including Zabs,Kolarov,Vinny,Otto all over 30 years old and coming towards the end of their careers . He has replaced them with Cancelo, Zinchenko , Stones , Dias ,Laporte ,Mendy , and all these players are in their prime 23-27 years old.
Idiots like Keys shouldnt be given an opinion , what the f*ck does he know about top class football , he is just a hairy neandethal with his single brain cell working overtime to appease the 'istree clubs . He also needs to check his figures Otto,Danilo,Angelino and others have recouped around £50m , and the defenders now on our books are worth far more than we paid for them (excluding a 29 year old Walker and an injury prone Mendy)
Keys can shove mis informed , inaccurate opinions where the sun doesnt shine the fucking halfwit
Finally lets compare the Rags spend who are going to win f*ck all again
Bin saka £50m
Slabhead £85m
Bailey & Ice £30m
Wonderoff £35m
BurgerKIng £35m
Jonestheface £20m
Telles £20m

£275m

and not one of them is worth what they paid for them , the only difference it has taken four dickhead managers to assemble this bunch of tossers.

What fucks me off about the "oil money" jibe is the total ignorance of the "natural gas money"; piss poor journalism as usual.
Anyway we can only wish for "money laundering profits money "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.