Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep could win the lot this season and it wouldn't suprise me if they gave it to someone else, bit like giving it to pardew after Mancini won our first. title in 40+ years and pulis for keeping Palace up after Pellers first title
When Mancini won the PL I heard a couple of journo‘s say that if Pardew made the CL the he deserved it over him. Pardew finished 5th but still got the accolade.

And even the crass of 92 came after pumping big cash into names like Webb, Pallister, Ince, Wallace and Parker.
I'm only going off a post on here but if he really does claim that then he's off his rocker. They broke records season after season in transfer market

I'm only going off a post on here but if he really does claim that then he's off his rocker. They broke records season after season in transfer market
British transfer record broken something like 8 times running wasn't it? Even after the crass of 92 they kept spending, although Shearer's fee to Newcastle was top for a good bit. In fact O'Shea and Brown might be the only academy players brought through between that shower and Danny Welbeck and O'Shea is pushing it, they signed him from Waterford Athletic at 17.

When Mancini won the PL I heard a couple of journo‘s say that if Pardew made the CL the he deserved it over him. Pardew finished 5th but still got the accolade.
If Pardew did nothing that season it would have been Martinez for keeping wigan up. If Pulis got relegated in 13/14 it would have been Bodgers for getting second or Martinez for getting Everton to fifth.

That decision cemented my view that the media and the powers that be will do anything to.diminish our accomplishments

Not to be a dick here, but if West Ham make the top 4 I wouldn't be too upset if Moyes won managerial awards for it. Don't get me wrong, I'd still think Pep should win, especially given the win streak we're on as well as how he turned around a seemingly poor start. However, Moyes winning if they make top 4 would be far less egregious than when Pardew or Pulis especially won.

I echo these sentiments for Ancelotti or Smith too. But only if they make top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.