Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton looking good. Think they could push Liverpool all the way for CL spot.

With that in mind, I’m trying to see what realistic team we put out when we play Everton on the last day, as we’ll have nothing to play for. Utilising current staff, and considering it may be a farewell to some, i’m going for a 3-5-2

Aguero

Doyle Garcia Bernardo

Summerbee Carson Ederson Steffen Delap

Kidd Fernandinho

Never got to see Summerbee play so that’d be a nice touch. Silva for his height at the back. Garcia central defence a no brainer.
Can we just wait until it's mathematically done before we get onto the 'nothing to play for stuff'.

I'm an old Blue and this stuff makes me uncomfortable....

what’s that got to do with it.

soneone said Foden isn’t lightening fast & Ive said he is & shown speed he’s been clocked at, over 10 yards or 40 yards wasnt discussed. He’s been leaving his markers for dust all year.
I'm saying you don't get an idea of the useful speed of a footballer by taking the fastest they've done all year. Yaya was fucking fast when he was let run but he would constantly get done over 5 yards in midfield by players he'd leave in his dust on a counter attack. I agree Foden is fast in both regards though.

I'm saying you don't get an idea of the useful speed of a footballer by taking the fastest they've done all year. Yaya was fucking fast when he was let run but he would constantly get done over 5 yards in midfield by players he'd leave in his dust on a counter attack. I agree Foden is fast in both regards though.

but we agree Foden is lightening & the other 9 on the list are also lightening. He’s fast off the Mark & over 40 yards.

Funny thing I see is commentators saying Foden isn’t rapid & then get a shock when he puts the burners on.

Top sprint speed and pace on a football pitch are two different things though tbf, you're not often going to get 40 yards to sort your legs out and get up to full speed on a football pitch, pace over 10 or 15 yards is a lot more important.
That being said, Foden isn't short of pace.

Agree with the sentiment of your post, but you can’t respond to a post referencing Sterling and suggest he’s quicker than my gran at sorting his legs out !

Everton looking good. Think they could push Liverpool all the way for CL spot.

With that in mind, I’m trying to see what realistic team we put out when we play Everton on the last day, as we’ll have nothing to play for. Utilising current staff, and considering it may be a farewell to some, i’m going for a 3-5-2

Aguero

Doyle Garcia Bernardo

Summerbee Carson Ederson Steffen Delap

Kidd Fernandinho

Never got to see Summerbee play so that’d be a nice touch. Silva for his height at the back. Garcia central defence a no brainer.
We should brick our own team’s coach before the game too. Shake them up a bit. Give Everton a competitive edge.

They don’t have the funds to rebuild the team properly so can’t see Slippy G come in and perform miracles.

Next season their target will be top 4 not the title.
They earnt more money than we did in 2020. They’ve got the money but the owner has no interest in investing it in the team.

Really? I’d class Kyle, Sane and Raheem as lightening, Foden isn’t in that bracket.

The guy I was talking to said a player who has no pace, outpaced Foden.
Foden is the second fastest player in our squad behind Walker. Foden got into the Top10 in the Prem with his top speed last season.

Walker topped it, Traore 2nd, I think Foden was about 7th. No other City players in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.