-----------KDB----------Rodri----------Bernie-------
Mahrez-----------------Jesus---------------Sterling

And then change it around for the Rags

------------------------Ederson-----------------------
Walker-------Stones---------Dias-----------Cancelo
-----------KDB----------Rodri----------Gundo-------
Berny------------------Jesus---------------Foden
Fixed in Bold

I watched some of the WHU game while at work, and to me it looked like we had lost our intensity and pressing in midfield. Was it because Bernardo and Foden didn’t start? Possibly, but Pep had decided what team he wanted.
Please play Cancelo v Wolves, but more than likely KW will, to try and match Traore’s pace.
I am confident we will perform well again. Dias will not want to concede a goal against Wolves. He looked furious about it v WHU.
Do we risk KUN? He absolutely needs game minutes, as does KDB.
They’re mid table, but underestimate them at our peril

2-0
Not possibly. Definitely! Our press is predicated on the work of Gabby, Bernie, and Foden. When you have an 11 without all 3 we are guaranteed to lose significant portions of our press.

Pep plays his FIRST CHOICE XI, because Tuesday to Sunday is like a week off to the players.

He has already said Weds & Thursday are “family days” for the players, and the occasion speaks for itself, so best team on Tuesday AND Sunday.

The score (and who might be playing with a niggle) on Tuesday at 60-70 mins will determine who gets subbed off.

If we win both games, the PL, as a contest for Champions, is effectively over, and Pep can concentrate on other competitions...even though he won’t admit it!

Good assessment. Also, Fernandinho and KDB had poor games and Gundo couldn’t get involved. More or less our entire midfield and forward line were second choice selections having poor games. Sergio looked finished.

which is what made it such a great win as you allude to.
Aguero was starting for the first time in god knows how many months and had DeBruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Mahrez and Torres all putting in below-par performances so I’d maybe cut him some slack for now.

I thought he looked pretty sharp in the opening 30mins but got no service whatsoever all game.

Let’s get a few 90 min games under his belt before we start judging him I reckon. Confident he’ll still bang them in between now and May and get rewarded with 12 more months .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.