Haaland or Messi

Who should City sign?

• Total voters
wasnt very helpful as the poll was select only one
Apologies, straightened it out.

With just the two options though it's fairly straight forward, I think Messi is the greatest player of all time and still is one of the top 5 players in the world but 20 year old world class striker vs 33 year old world class 'striker' is a no brainer.

Be shocked if Messi got more than 5-10% of the vote.

Last edited:
Regarding Messi....it absolutely baffles me that people think that:
1) we would bid for him
2) he would come here (and succeed)
3) we would gain commercially as a result

We dont buy ready made "stars"....our multi-million costing squad that opposing supporters bang on about were not big stars when we bought them, their worth has increased since being here.
I dont believe Messi has any desire to play in the premiership....too old, will get snapped in two...and id like to think the team as a whole is more important than 1 megastar
The outcry and uproar associated with him coming to City would negate any (short term) commercial gain

Regarding Messi....it absolutely baffles me that people think that:
1) we would bid for him
2) he would come here (and succeed)
3) we would gain commercially as a result

We dont buy ready made "stars"....our multi-million costing squad that opposing supporters bang on about were not big stars when we bought them, their worth has increased since being here.
I dont believe Messi has any desire to play in the premiership....too old, will get snapped in two...and id like to think the team as a whole is more important than 1 megastar
The outcry and uproar associated with him coming to City would negate any (short term) commercial gain
1) We wouldn`t bid for him. He`s a free agent in the summer and will go for free

2) He would have been here already if his club kept their word. He made a decision to leave and they refused him, even though his contract should have let him. Barca are a sinking ship with more than a billion in debt, and are ready to go dumpster diving around Europe to sign free players to improve them. City is in a much better financial state, a way better squad, has the best manager in the world and a great football project. He would be crazy to say no to us (or just very very loyal).
Messi at 33 is still better than any of our players ever. Such bullshit that people don`t think he would be good enough for us. He`s the best player of all time by a mile, and he`s still got it. 91 goals and assists since the start of 19/20 season in a piss poor Barca side

3) Messi is the biggest sports icon in the world, of course he would create more revenue. Rattled scousers and rags on Twitter wouldn`t negate the commercial gain. All our sponsors would be dying to have Messi representing them. He has generated over 800m for Barca over the last 4 years or about 30% of Barca's income per season. People don`t realise how massive his marketing pull is

Haaland is younger, we get it.

Also means there is plenty of time to sign him at some point. Next season, the season after, 5 seasons after.

Messi can be available and be convinced this season, a once in a lifetime player, who could say no to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.