Haaland or Messi

Who should City sign?

• Total voters
I swear everyone who's said we are interested in both have said that either one isn't inclusive, so why does everyone think that it's one or the other?

I swear everyone who's said we are interested in both have said that either one isn't inclusive, so why does everyone think that it's one or the other?

I think the whole thing is meant to be entirely hypothetical.

1) We wouldn`t bid for him. He`s a free agent in the summer and will go for free

2) He would have been here already if his club kept their word. He made a decision to leave and they refused him, even though his contract should have let him. Barca are a sinking ship with more than a billion in debt, and are ready to go dumpster diving around Europe to sign free players to improve them. City is in a much better financial state, a way better squad, has the best manager in the world and a great football project. He would be crazy to say no to us (or just very very loyal).
Messi at 33 is still better than any of our players ever. Such bullshit that people don`t think he would be good enough for us. He`s the best player of all time by a mile, and he`s still got it. 91 goals and assists since the start of 19/20 season in a piss poor Barca side

3) Messi is the biggest sports icon in the world, of course he would create more revenue. Rattled scousers and rags on Twitter wouldn`t negate the commercial gain. All our sponsors would be dying to have Messi representing them. He has generated over 800m for Barca over the last 4 years or about 30% of Barca's income per season. People don`t realise how massive his marketing pull is
1) I used bid incorrectly, i meant to actually even be IN for him

2) I dont believe that was ever the case. Was never gonna leave. I doubt he cares what state City are in...he doesnt need another project, hes at the end of his career...one of the (if not the) richest footballers in the world. I dont believe he is better than any of our players...but thats subjective...i would argue having him, regardless of how good he is, would be detrimental to the overall "team"

3) Meh...to me, thats just twitter chat. Unless you are a senior sports marketing executive, noone can make those claims. I dont believe HE generated anything....tbf, i agree that having such a player would help when negotiating marketing and advertising deals....but his days are numbered....cant see it lasting at "big bad City"

Haaland all day long.

- he's young, hungry, full of energy and he's a physical beast/ Messi is old, doesn't run, doesn't defend and is physically declining

-He will fit with the team mentality, he will be friend with the others players/ Messi won't fit because he's a lunatic and not friendly at all(his only friend in 15 years at Barça was Suarez)

- Haaland won't be bigger than the club/ Messi will be bigger than the club.

This interview of Cancelo said it all. We are strong because we fight for each other and run for each other. With Messi this will NEVER happen.

Haaland all day long.

- he's young, hungry, full of energy and he's a physical beast/ Messi is old, doesn't run, doesn't defend and is physically declining

-He will fit with the team mentality, he will be friend with the others players/ Messi won't fit because he's a lunatic and not friendly at all(his only friend in 15 years at Barça was Suarez)

- Haaland won't be bigger than the club/ Messi will be bigger than the club.

This interview of Cancelo said it all. We are strong because we fight for each other and run for each other. With Messi this will NEVER happen.

We would make millions from his social media mate. He is also being lined up to play in the US after his stint with us, then an ambassadorial role with CFG. TH will know better than most but that's what is being banded about. Messi for me if we had to choose, but they are two completely deals so who knows maybe both isn't as crazy as we think.

I’d go Messi only because he’s one of, if not the best player to have played the game. To be able to say you’ve seen him play for your club would be something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.