Houssem Aouar

Hardly good squad planning, we should be signing an understudy to Rodri instead.
We need a Xavi-like midfield controller, Aouar and De Jong are probably the best prospects of this kind. Don't think we can afford to let Aouar join another big club.

On the other hand, buying a DM backup later wouldn't be a problem at all, lots of players suit the position

This kid is quality. Real quality. Just get him in and worry about fitting him in later. He's a 10 year, cornerstone player if he signs with us.

Last edited:
I see him as someone with similar attributes to Gundogan? With Gundo turning 31 later this year, and us already having a young DM in Rodri, I actually think I would be willing to not sign a DM this summer if it was the only chance to sign Aouar instead. I would be happy to have the likes of Gundo/Doyle/Zinchenko/Cancelo/Stones (at a push) all providing varying degrees of cover for Rodri, with Aouar coming in as the long term, perfect Gundogan replacement, bedded in nicely for when Ilkay is of an age where he’s phased out. Signing cover for Rodri is much easier than signing someone to take on Gundogan’s role and responsibility. So i’d prioritise that if it was an either/or.

Aouar is more like an Iniesta type of player
He's a mix of Xavi and Iniesta.

I follow the french league because i am from there and i watch Lyon quite frequently just for him.
He has the dribbles of Iniesta(not as agile as Iniesta but nobody can) and the calm of Xavi with the ball.
Without exaggeration he has a better potential than Gundo. Today Gunday is maybe a more reliable player but the potential of Aouar is better. If he wants to become a world class player he has to come next year learn with Pep before it's too late.

He really has everything:
- The vision
- The dribble
-The shoot
-The calm
-He's rarely injured

The only think i don't know is how he will react to competition because at Lyon he didn't have any.

We need to keep adding quality and he is quality. We’re going deep in tournaments again this year and will have many on international duty in the summer. That’s likely to see a few jaded next year, and when we go a season without injuries, we tend to see some down the line.

He's a mix of Xavi and Iniesta.

I follow the french league because i am from there and i watch Lyon quite frequently just for him.
He has the dribbles of Iniesta(not as agile as Iniesta but nobody can) and the calm of Xavi with the ball.
Without exaggeration he has a better potential than Gundo. Today Gunday is maybe a more reliable player but the potential of Aouar is better. If he wants to become a world class player he has to come next year learn with Pep before it's too late.

He really has everything:
- The vision
- The dribble
-The shoot
-The calm
-He's rarely injured

The only think i don't know is how he will react to competition because at Lyon he didn't have any.
bonjour monsieur, quelle heure, petit pois avec la chat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.