United (H) Post Match Thread

At the end of the day, our winning run was always going to come to an end. It’s no surprise it happened against the second best side in the country.

I suppose the biggest annoyance is the fact that this result has happened far too often over the past few years. It’s no secret how United play. They have the counter attack and that is it.

I feel like we have two tools at our disposal to stop the counter attack. The first is to have pace at the back. The second is to not give the ball away cheaply.

For me, with Pep dropping/resting Walker it was crucial that our ball retention was spot on. This was the second failing as Pep chose KDB, the player who gives the ball away the most, over Bernardo, our best player at keeping the ball.

The combination of the two lost us the game.

But the first goal didn’t come from a counter attack. It came from our throw in.

If Pep is accountable for anything it’s allowing the same mistake that cost us a goal against West Ham to happen again. However they still had a lot to do from there.

Ultimately it wasn’t KDB, Sterling or Pep to blame for giving away a penalty. It was all on Jesus.

We never recovered from that and against a side with 6 defensive players in the side it was always going to be hard.

In my opinion, a title race is back on. Everyone is pretending to it isnt, but we just left that crack open, and that infuriates me.

If we don't win the next match, suddenly doubts starts to creep in. I think we'll still win the league. But we may have a race now :(

The pundits are pretending there isn't a race coz they don't want to jinx it. But deep down you know they are just hoping :(
If we win 6/10 of the remaining matches United can't catch us. Today's result secures them top four, there's no race. Every one needs to take a deep breath, look at the table, results from this season, and remaining games. One game at a time.

It hurts like hell losing to the scum. We are their cup final now. They might beat us occasionally in a sprint race, but in a marathon we have them beaten, in the long run that's what counts

At least this happened in a league game when we’re well clear rather than a knock out CL.
Jesus and Mahrez performances vs Wolves changed our team im sure of it. And it bit us in the ass. How foden hasnt started any of the last 3 i’ll never know and how bernardo never got on the pitch is again terrible reading of the game.
Fair play to pep for making us into the machine we are but he got this one wrong and he keeps getting it wrong against this lot

When was the last time we scored a LEAGUE goal against that shower? Once again they have the bragging rights not only for the EPL but they ended two of our runs.
I cannot believe how Ole can have the wood over Pep.
To say that I, along with millions of others, am completely pissed at missing an opportunity AGAIN to get a firner grip on the title is putting it mildly.(Remember the 3-2 defeat a few seasons ago?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.