United (H) Post Match Thread

Six and a half hours after the final whistle and 20 minutes reading this thread I took my blood pressure.
Off to the medicine cupboard to take a few more pills.
Have a drink mate and relax win Wednesday there will be equilibrium and balance to the footballing force that is City. Manure and the rest are bound to lose again.

I saw the manure team and realised that it would have been their intention to run at us and fall in our penalty area as often as possible. They do this every game not sure why Pep expected anything else. It took them a min to win a penalty

I know we can’t win them all, but to lose to those cünts !!!!
Pep will have to wear the blame for that. He tried to fit KDB into a team that has been on a huge streak without him and done quite well. Raz was absolutely shocking and needs dropping. Gabby is a clusterfuck and needs 10 touches to shoot or pass, and Cancelo made some really poor decisions today.
Bernardo, Foden Gundogan, Rodri are the spine, if he wants to play KDB, put him where Gabby was supposed to be playing.
I’m still seething at that performance, it was like they’d just met in the car park before the kick off like a Sunday league game after a Saturday night on the lash. We were lucky it wasn’t 4 or 5, but that was only because their finishing was worse than ours.
We couldn’t even pass to each other, or were tackling ourselves. It was comical at times. As soon as they got the pen, my lad said that’s game over. He was right. We didn’t deserve to win that game. Pep was schooled AGAIN by OGS. I have a a bad feeling that if we get them in the cup, we will lose again.
Onwards to the next game. If we only lose 3 games all season in the league, it won’t be too bad.
On the plus side, Bernardo got a well earned rest, and Kun must be itching to get on.
Agree with much of that .Our problem is their counter attack which we cant counteract. At home anyway. When at OT they are forced to come out more and play it's much easier.Teams that play more on the front foot we can destroy as well as general bus parking teams but a counter attacking team is Pep's weakness as there are always problems not dealt with. Inclusion of Bernardo could have helped.
Also when gifted a 1st minute penalty you face an uphill battle from then on. It's a different game if we dont concede so early . That made it really difficult. Plus we didnt score which we should have.
Itll be interesting to see how he handles teams who can see the weakness and who have some counter attacking ability over the next 2 months. He is paid to find a way.

2 mistakes. Gabby for the pen. Cancelo for the second. Same players bailed us out of the shit and dominated the country over the last 4 months. Same players that will lift the league trophy (3 in 4 years). Don't be so fucking fickle.

The loss has pissed me off to the point where the wife and kids went upstairs. The reaction of our "fans" has fucking riled me. Disgraceful

Agree with others that the midfield is miles better without KDB at the moment. Rodri-Gundo-Bernie have the ability to short pass teams to death like the old Barca midfield. But at the end of the day I still think our best team has KDB in it. The first half against Chelsea was probably the best we’ve played all season with him as the false 9. It allows him to play in the middle of the park without sacrificing the tidiness of the midfield trio, and he attracts so much attention that he’s able to suck players in and pick out passes in behind like Kane is doing. Fodens goal against Chelsea is the perfect example of that. With both of our strikers out of form I think Rodri, Gundo, Bernie, and Kev all make the best eleven. Today his poor form cost us in the middle of the park, but if he’s playing up front his sloppiness doesn’t hurt as much and his sparks of genius still pay off. Gotta put his shooting boots on though.
Excellent post. Could have solved our weakness against a basic counter attacking side .

The balance definitely changed when Gundo got injured a few games ago. There’s no reason not to go back to the way we were playing and no harm in bruising a couple of egos along the way, keep everyone on their toes.
Or put KDB in Gabby's position and have Bernardo on as happened at Chelsea when we were very good. That may be a solution.

There's nothing more in the world that I hate more than them
. They played the BEST game of football that they've played in ten (10) years. Ignore the bastards, they're irrelevant.
We missed numerous chances, as did they, doesn't matter, we're miles better than we played today and they have NEVER played better;
Hats off, well done. Wanna play again?
Cunts!

Agree with others that the midfield is miles better without KDB at the moment. Rodri-Gundo-Bernie have the ability to short pass teams to death like the old Barca midfield. But at the end of the day I still think our best team has KDB in it. The first half against Chelsea was probably the best we’ve played all season with him as the false 9. It allows him to play in the middle of the park without sacrificing the tidiness of the midfield trio, and he attracts so much attention that he’s able to suck players in and pick out passes in behind like Kane is doing. Fodens goal against Chelsea is the perfect example of that. With both of our strikers out of form I think Rodri, Gundo, Bernie, and Kev all make the best eleven. Today his poor form cost us in the middle of the park, but if he’s playing up front his sloppiness doesn’t hurt as much and his sparks of genius still pay off. Gotta put his shooting boots on though.
Agreed, if he’s going to shoehorn Kev in to get him match sharp, this is the only place available imo, we can afford to lose Jesus, Sterling (and the current Sergio for that matter) on current form, what we can’t afford to lose is that midfield 3 of Silva, Gundogan and Rodri/Fern and Foden somewhere in that front 6 .

The Rags showed we still have a lot of improvements to make.

We still have major weaknesses against counter attacking teams, we still look vulnerable.

We put together a quite incredible run, but yet again failed against a poor United team, very, very disappointing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.